十四

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧  
⎡ 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

"Isn't this interesting?" Kagaya smiled, his gaze—although partly unseeing—sweeping across the lined up Hashira, all giving a low bow with the utmost of respect to him. "A demon that has humanic traits, and now a Demon Slayer traveling with a demon. This must be a sign, is it not?"

In the garden that encased the Ubuyashiki family estate—large pine trees surrounding the outer walls, vibrant and varying shades of green grass, decorative plants, ponds with koi fish swimming within, and multiple trees with the hanging purple flowers known as Wisteria—the Hashira had gathered in front of the mansion to attend the semiannual meeting called by the head of the Demon Slayer Corps.

"A sign... Oyakata-sama?" Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira, glanced up, her faded purple eyes holding a hint of surprise."

"Yes... a sign that the world order is shifting."

The Hashira then altered their gazes towards the boy, Tanjiro Kamado, that was lying on the floor, his head shoved to the ground by Sanemi, the large gash across his face the most prominent feature at the moment. Both his eyes and hair were flaming, and his expression was contorted in pain, yet no one moved to help him, for he was on trial.

He was the one traveling with a demon.

Sanemi's initial question regarding Tanjiro, along with how he had assaulted Nezuko—said demon that Tanjiro was traveling with—with his sword through the box he carried her in, was filled with nothing but animosity for the entire situation.

Demon.

The word even tasted like filth on his tongue.

And yet there they were, playing at being human, at not being creatures of the dark that feasted on flesh and didn't hold a shred of care for the consequences after. His teeth ground even more when recalling how both Shinobu and Giyu Tomioka, the Water Hashira, reported back after the Mount Nataguma incident that they had successfully slayed the Lower Moon that resided there. Unfortunately, who they did not capture was the demon woman whom Sanemi had run into.

(Y/N) was both calm and raging, demonic and human, pitiful and admirable.

It irritated him to no end.

"If I may, Oyakata-sama..." Sanemi began after offering his greetings, glancing upwards toward the regal man, this the second time that month that they had met after their one-on-one meeting due to his report. "Before we start the Hashira meeting, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Kamado Tanjiro, traveling with a demon?"