十五

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧  
⎡ 𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

Bolting awake out of a deep slumber, her hackles raising due to an impending sense of dread, (Y/N) backed into the corner of the room when she inhaled the familiar scent of a strong demon—a demon close to that man who was steadily approaching her location. Her pupils practically trembled as her body twitched in fear, her very instincts screaming at her to run away.

What to I do?

Will they ignore me?

Demons close to that man despise weak demons like me... will they really leave me alone?

Almost begging for Kenji to appear right in front of her at that point, already able to hear him soothing her as usual, she hated the fact that she had left behind one of the only reliable people she looked up to. Forcing herself to stop scratching at her skin in agitation, something she usually did when upset, (Y/N) tried to remember what Kenji would tell her about the unhealthy tick.

He always worried about her mental state.

Always.

Even then, unknown to her, he was desperately scouring the mountainside of Nataguma in search of her, Tamayo and Yushiro with him trying to calm his almost frenzied state. (Y/N) then froze when the demons stopped right outside her door, faltering for a brief second when muffled voices could be heard. It was only when whoever it was outside eventually drifted away did she relax some, her nails digging into her palms to stop herself from shaking.

They must work here...

In this district... luring unsuspecting humans in to then devour them...

But...

It's not like I'm any better when I take blood.

Shaking her head, her eyebrows furrowing as she gazed solemnly at the floor, (Y/N) tried to quell such thoughts within her. Standing up and approaching the window that looked out to another bustling section of the district, knowing that she couldn't stay there with the demons present, she then slid the thin papering open before jumping down into the masses below.

No one said anything.

They merely thought she was a performer, clapping and even some trying to give her tips.