𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ⎡ 𝑫𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
⎡ 𝑫𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 ⎦

꧁꧂

    Once again when the moon had risen and the sun had gone down, (Y/N) and Kenji bid Tamayo and Yushiro goodbye, promising that they would be back before the sun rose.

     Trekking through the snow, their hands woven tightly together, the two demons traveled to the town from the night before in search of food, feeling quite guilty about it since the townspeople were now fearing for their lives almost every single hour. While the humans were starting to slowly understand that the attacks on their town only happened at night, they still weren't sure if what stalked them also prowled around during the day as well.

     "Kenji-san..." (Y/N) glanced up towards him, his red gaze locking with hers. "What did you and Tamayo-sama talk about last night?"

     "Huh?"

     "You two were whispering to one another and kept glancing at me..."

     "Oh..." he sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he contemplated what to tell her, not wanting to accidentally insult her by saying she was going crazy. "Well... Tamayo-sama and I talked about you... and... how you're faring."

     "Oh..." she muttered in reply, flicking her (E/C) gaze around the dark forest.

     They think I'm going crazy.

     I am going crazy.

     Digging her sharpened nails into the palm of her hand—the one that wasn't gripping onto Kenji's—(Y/N) tried to push the reality of situation out of her mind. Her attention was thankfully diverted when the sounds of the bustling town reached ear shot, soon enough the bright lights of the square filling her sight as well. Chatter could be heard from the people that spilled along the streets, some with cautious looks of apprehension and others with lack of care. It was quite different from the smaller towns that they had been to where as soon as one person was attacked, all boarded up their windows and refused to take a step outside the moment that sky started fading to dark.

    Therefore, it was easier like this.

    Since Kenji couldn't blend into the crowd as easily as (Y/N) could—save for the sharp claws and the almost tear-like black lines running down from both her eyes to rest just before the middle of her cheek—he stuck to the shadows while she walked around, looking for anyone who was susceptible enough to knock unconscious and feed on their blood.