十三

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧  
⎡ 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

꧁꧂

Racing down the mountain away from the demons and humans engaged in battle, (Y/N) felt guilt tear through her at breaking Rui's trust by leaving him. But then again, there had never been any trust to begin with. Her wish to not harm a human conflicted with her identity as a demon, making her feel as if her head was splitting in two directions. Now, as she walked along the dirt road that twisted through the green patches of grass and fields, soon having to take cover due to the threatening rising of the sun, she then couldn't help but watch the sight from the shadows, finding it even more breathtaking than she imagined.

I miss being human...

    I miss not having to worry about all of this...

    But... because of him... because of how he thought he pitied me and thought I deserved a second chance...

Wait...

    Why did he pity me?

    Was my human life... miserable?

Scrunching both her nose and eyebrows, the question having never risen before since she tried very hard not to think of that man, (Y/N) truly wondered why he pitied her so much that he resorted to turning her into a demon.

What... happened?

    Feeling a wave of fatigue wash over her, she pulled a ratty blanket and sleeping mat from the pile of junk that lay situated within the abandoned home that she had found herself in and curled up within a corner trying to fall asleep. It wasn't long before said sleep took her over, when she awoke, her hunger for blood becoming almost insatiable.

     She had exerted much more strength that night trying to run away than she had in a long time.

And now it was catching up to her.

    When evening fell, (Y/N) practically salivated at the thought of the rich and promising blood that she could obtain if she searched heard enough.

     Being quite far from the mountain and any familiar landmarks that she knew, she turned her nose upward to the sky and took a long inhale, smelling the faint traces of blood that seemed to be crowded all in one place. Letting the light of the full moon guide her, she ran toward the delicious and tantalizing smells, soon stopping outside of a bustling district. There were lights strung up almost everywhere that showcased a red and yellow color scheme. The buildings had a mix of traditional and modern architecture, some with running electricity and all with some sort of welcoming group outside to lure in customers.