四十六

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱⎡ 𝑩𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒔 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱
⎡ 𝑩𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒔 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "You know, you're really lucky, Uzui-san," (Y/N) muttered after a moment of comfortable silence between the two, her (E/C) eyes scanning the night sky whilst making sure not to look directly at the moon. "I envy you and the others."

"How so?" Tengen questioned, shifting his gaze to the side of his eyes to stare at her.

"You get to be out in the sun—the sun who is so warm compared to the moon," she sighed as she then closed her eyes, her lips tilting upwards as she imagined the sun from her memory. "Do you believe in the afterlife? In Heaven or Hell? I believe that maybe, just maybe... if I ask for forgiveness enough, someone up there will forgive me and bless me and my brother with the ability to walk in Heaven... to walk in the sun... I would love to be in that warmth once more..."

"Haha... how lucky for you, and how optimistic..." Tengen laughed, almost mockingly so, yet not so much directed at her. "Me? I probably wouldn't get as much as that. My fate unfortunately resides in the latter part of your question."

"You really think so?" She hummed.

"So, what though? I won't go down without a flamboyant exit!" He laughed once more, the air of serious dipping and deflating whenever his comments turned away from such a tone.

(Y/N) could tell he was actively avoiding such topics, but decided not to question it.

She'd listen, if he wanted.

But right now was not the time.

"Didn't Zenitsu-kun mention that you had a wife? Or... wives?" She spoke with a tilt of her head. "Wouldn't they be upset hearing this? Or... hearing at all that you think you'll die and go to Hell?"

"Yes... they always get upset with me when I say such things."

The conversation dwindled to a pause, silence drifting between them like how a river flowed. In that moment, (Y/N) was able to recall a certain memory from her childhood when she was human—a memory that involved Kenji. He kept claiming that there was no redemption for him, for he would forever be a lowly thief. The only thing he did hope for was that she would grow into a successful person who'd have a family.

Who'd be loved.

Who'd be wanted.

"I remember when my brother used to say the same things..." (Y/N)'s smile faded some when remembering Kenji's rather gore lorn and exhausted expression. "It was a bit different, but... the meaning was still the same. I used to get so upset... because I loved him so much, and I still do, even if we are separated..." Glancing up at Tengen, she was surprised to see that he was listening rather intently, her eyes falling as she continued softly, "I'm sure that's how your wives feel, too."