二十八

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭⎡ 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕 ⎦

⎡ 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕 ⎦

꧁꧂

"Oh, this could not be more irritating!" Lower One yelled with an almost nihilistic and psychotic smile as he continued to fight both (Y/N) and Tanjiro, looking anything but irritated as he constantly evaded and dealt attacks. "What must it take for you to perish!?"

"We will never fall under your lies again," (Y/N) spat as she kicked him in the stomach.

Crashing to his knees, Lower One was quick to nimbly jump out of the way of another one of her attacks, his brow twitching. Not only had his curiosity about her prevented him from fusing with the train—his initial plan—but it had also prevented him from consuming the two hundred passengers on board. With that thought glancing through his mind, his teeth then gnashed together when the dream connected to the Hashira's mind snapped.

He was awake.

Lower One had made an unfortunate miscalculation in his plans.

He hadn't factored in (Y/N).

Now, that error could cost him his life.

As one final act of desperation, Lower One dove down into the operating room of the train and dismantled its system, affectively derailing the large machine. Both (Y/N) and Tanjiro stopped chasing him when they felt the entire locomotive start to topple, fear running through them at the fact that there were still people on board.

"Goodbye for now," Lower One cheered from the ground, his blue eyes burning into (Y/N)'s own. "I must introduce myself as Enmu, (Y/N). And... I can assure you we will meet again."

He then disappeared into the forest.

(Y/N), shocked that Enmu somehow knew her name, was then snapped backed to attention when spotting a familiar boy in a boar head smash his way through the metal roof, laughing all the while as he shouted, "Inosuke-sama, coming through! Where's that demon! I don't sense it anymore!"

The demon's gone," she informed Inosuke, his response being a chorus of angry grunts. "For now, we need to focus on saving the passengers. This train is not going to hold."

"(L/N)-san is right!" A booming voice spoke from behind them, Kyojuro approaching the three with Nezuko beside him, Zenitsu however still inside. "With how quickly this train is running off its tracks, we need to utilize every moment!"