三十三

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ⎦

⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "Oyakata-sama... please allow (Y/N)-san to stay here at your estate," Kyojuro bowed lowly before Kagaya Ubuyashiki, his hands twitching from wanting to stay by (Y/N)'s side while she rested in the temporary room that was given to her. "I promise you, she is worthy of being a part of the Corps and fighting for your cause."

"(Y/N)?" Kagaya hummed with a small smile that seemed to brighten up the space.

After the Mugen Train incident that ended with no fatalities despite Akaza and Enmu escaping, Kyojuro was now reporting back to Kagaya in hopes of letting (Y/N) take shelter within Headquarters. He wished he could allow her to stay at his own manor, yet he had to think of his father and brother. No matter how much he knew she'd never hurt either of them, he couldn't say the same for his father who'd rather die than ever mingle with a demon.

"You ask for a demon who has drunken human blood to stay her, hm?" Kagaya hummed with a tilt of his head. "Why should I allow this?"

"It is true that she has taken human blood before, but she's abstained from doing such things now, and has protected me in more ways that one," Kyojuro replied, lifting his gaze up so that he was staring up Kagaya, the two children by his side ever present to escort him around. "She fought both Lower Moon One and Upper Moon Three. If it weren't for her healing me, I would have died. She saved not just my life, but three young Demon Slayers' lives and the train passengers' lives."

Kagaya smiled softly.

Kyojuro didn't waver in his stance.

"As you very well know, Kamado Nezuko, younger sister to one of the Demon Slayer's who accompanied you, Kamado Tanjiro, does not drink the blood of humans, so it is possible for demons to survive without consuming any parts of a human," Kagaya continued as he lifted his chin to allow his unseeing gaze to stare up at the sky. "Therefore, I believe you when you tell me she has now stopped her consumption of human blood."

"Thank you," Kyojuro exhaled softly, his hands balling into fists as he tried to get a grip over his slightly frazzled emotions. "I know I cannot make any excuse for the fact that she is a demon... especially when she has most likely hurt and inspired fear within humans... but I want to protect her the way she has protected me. And... I wish to help her find her brother."

"Brother?" Kagaya inquired, his curiosity piqued from the way Kyojuro described (Y/N).

"Yes."