𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧  ⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧
⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "Sanemi."

The man swallowed thickly as his name rang throughout the air, his gaze lowered to the ground in respect for the one in front of him, now feeling only shame as he turned his face upward.

"Yes, Oyakata-sama?"

"I have called you separately from the rest of the Hashira for a reason," he smiled kindly, no anger at all present in his faded purple eyes, the disease that was eating away at his health and scarring his skin also the same color, though more pronounced. "And I know you're thinking of that reason exactly."

"I have no excuse for my actions," he uttered calmly, however his head lowering whilst he closed his eyes shut.

"And what were those actions?"

"I... allowed a demon to live..." he trailed off, unable to continue.

"Sanemi... I have known you for many years, and never have I seen such a decision to let a demon live made by you," the man continued, his head tilting and letting his shoulder length black hair shift with the action. "There must be a reason as to why you had done so... why out of every demon you have fought, you chose to let this one go?"

"There were three demons, Oyakata-sama... and I couldn't kill a single one," he grit his teeth, practically shaking at that point. "And one was a Lower Moon."

     "...I understand. But... you have mentioned this... female demon more often than the others. What makes her stand out?"

At the question, Sanemi froze.

The conflicting emotions that wrote itself over his face made the air thick with an unavoidable tension, even the master who was almost blind able to sense the shift clearly without being able to see anything. Letting out an understanding hum, he held out his hands, and the two guides that were by his side—a young girl and boy who possessed shoulder length hair of black and white, wide purple eyes, and wearing purple, flower embroidered yukata—led him down the steps to stand directly in front of Sanemi.

     "My child... what did she remind you of? No... who did she remind you of?"

Sanemi's neck snapped up at his master's sudden question, surprised however not shocked at the question, answering softly, "She... reminded me of him—no, his humanity."