十八

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑼𝒔𝒆 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧  
⎡ 𝑼𝒔𝒆 ⎦

꧁꧂

When (Y/N) awoke the next evening, fear coursed through her after coming to terms that she had left herself unprotected in the presence of an Upper Moon demon. What's more, she was now once more back in the Red Lights District.

Why... did he bring me here?

Cautiously, she stood up and peered into the next room to find no one there, only when she slid open the adjacent door did she find someone. The woman that glanced up at her arrival, the one dressed in the most regal attire she had ever seen, looked at her with such contempt she had to back away.

"So... you're finally up, you ugly thing," the woman sneered, placing the last pin in her dark hair that held it up in a bun.

Is that... Daki?

Her ability to blend into the human world is by far much better than I expected.

"Stop staring at me with those filthy (E/C) eyes of yours," Daki sneered, wincing only after the words left her mouth as she seemed to battle internally with herself, then exhaling softly and standing up. "Onii-chan wants you to stay. But if you are, you need to be useful. Can you clean?"

(Y/N) blinked.

"Why are you just staring at me? Are you mute? Can you or can you not clean?"

"Y-Yes," she murmured, letting her gaze fall to the floor as her hands clutched the fabric of her clothes painfully tight. "I know how to clean..."

"Fine," Daki turned. "Follow me."

Hurriedly trying to keep pace with Daki, (Y/N) couldn't help but shrink away away from the other women that scurried out of her way, some whispering behind hands as they glanced at her. Thankfully, the pair finally arrived at a set of doors that Daki slid open without hesitation, walking inside like she owned the place.

"Madame," Daki stared across the room at an old woman, stepping aside to reveal (Y/N). "This girl needs a job."

"O-Oh?" The Madame stuttered, setting down the cup of tea she had in hand and smiling nervously—as if she were afraid of Daki. "I-Is that so?" Standing up, she cautiously approached them before cupping her chin and leaning in closer to (Y/N), scrutinizing her with eyes squinted in thought before saying, "Yes... she's very pretty. The marks under her eyes are concerning... but I believe she will draw in a number of customers anyway with beauty like—"