四十九

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑫𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑫𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ⎦

꧁꧂

Daki watched with a thrumming heart as Tanjiro ran off with (Y/N), finally seeing her chance to wipe out the annoying little insect that had crawled into her life and twisted her dear brother's thoughts and actions into something unlike himself. Ignoring Zenitsu and Inosuke who were still struggling with the weakest of her obi strands, she shot her hands out toward Tanjiro to try and kill both of them with her strongest ones, her victorious smirk falling into a look of surprise when he was able to avoid all of them, even countering some of them with his sword.

"What are you doing, Daki!?" Gyutaro roared, he having flit his eyes over momentarily. "Don't attack! You might hurt her!"

Tengen could feel his brow twitch when hearing this, his mind throwing him back to how Gyutaro had kissed (Y/N). Shaking his head to clear such thoughts away, he used two of his fingers to wipe away the blood that was dripping from his eye, further smearing the red ink that marked his skin. Cuts lined his body, his usual headband was broken and now rested crooked across his forehead, the jewels that hung were cut off, and he was more than worn out from Gyutaro's poison that circled through his body. Luckily, due to his resistance, it had not reached his heart yet.

He could keep fighting.

For how much longer though, he didn't know.

Meanwhile, Tanjiro lay (Y/N) gently down on the ground outside of a crumbled house, his red eyes alight with worry. He had noticed the bright light that emitted from her form just before she collapsed, but what was strange to him was how he had sensed the lingering scent of Muzan. Shoving the feeling in his gut down, his worry for her safety and health far more important than baseless theories, he then whirled around at an approaching and hostile presence.

"Get back here, you ugly thing!" Daki shrieked, anger painting her expression as she reached a clawed hand out to grab Tanjiro, her obi swirling in a mass behind her. "I need to kill that equally as ugly demon behind you!"

Tanjiro moved purely by instinct to avoid her attack, his eyes widening.

Gritting his teeth, he continued to fight Daki off, sweat pouring down his temple and his arms aching from the sheer force of her blows. An overwhelming part of him would not let himself falter. He had to protect (Y/N) since she could not do so for herself at the moment, and he would not fail at that task. Grinding his teeth even harder, he let out a yell as he slashed through the threads, gaining speed faster and faster as he aimed for her neck, pure anger and resolution goading him on.