• 41. Jealousy

Hey Sunshines....
How are you guys doing?

- You are my favourite feeling!

Lori lori lori...
Lori lori lori...
Lori lori lori...

(Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby)

The melodious voice filled the haunting silence of the palace. Shivanya stirred in her sleep. Her long hairs were open and falling on her face, hiding her face from anyone's view.

Chandaniya chup jaana re
Chan bhar ko luk jaana re
Neendiya aankhon mein aaye
Bitiya meri so jaaye
Hmm...

(Hey moonlight, please go and hide
Please hide for sometime
Sleep is coming in the eyes
Let my daughter sleep
Hmm...)

A frown appeared on her forehead when that voice again reached her ears. That feminine voice was..... Sweet, soothing and it started healing a part of her heart.

She sat up from her place and found herself on the couch present in the living room of her palace. She looked around in confusion and found the whole palace empty.

'What am I doing here? And from where is this voice coming from?'

The very much familiar voice and the song rang in her ears as she looked up from where the voice was coming from. She got up from the couch and her bare feet came in contact with the cold floor, covered with the white marble.

Neendiya aankhon mein aaye
Bitiya meri so jaaye
Leke godh mein sulaaun
Gaaun raat bhar sunaaun
Main lori lori
Ho main lori lori

(Sleep is coming in the eyes
Let my daughter sleep
I'll put her to sleep in my lap
I'll sing all night long
I'll Lullaby, lullaby
I'll Lullaby, lullaby)

Her feet moved toward the upper floor of the palace. Her steps were slow as she walked on the stairs. The cold floor was sending chills through her whole body.

Finally she reached the upper floor and looked left and right. The voice was coming from the direction in which her room was. She frowned and moved forward, her dark brown hair swaying on her back as she continued walking.

Her fingers traced the door of her room with hesitancy. She gulped and her fingers trembled as the soft rhythm of music flowed in the air.

Lori lori lori...
Lori lori lori...
Lori lori lori...

(Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby)

With the trembling hand she opened the door slowly. The door opened and revealed a magnificent room with the lilac theme but what made her breath hitched was the serene scenario ahead of her.

In front of her a girl child, probably of eight to ten years old, was sleeping on the lap of her mother and her mother was singing a Lullaby for her.