• 46. Obsessed

Heyy Sunshines....
How are you guys doing?

~ With you, i feel peace!

Author's POV ~

Sweat aligned her forehead, horror crept in her nerves, her hands started shaking, her heart hammered inside the ribcage at its rapid speed.

"No...", A faint whisper left her lips as a tear slipped from her closed eyes.

"No please...", She pleaded, clutching the comforter, her eyes shut tightly, her body was trembling badly, laying on the queen size bed of her room.

"Payal...", A manly voice whispered in her ear, panic visible in his tone as he shook her body softly.

"Baby wake up. It's just a nightmare. Please baby. You're scaring me. Please.", Pranav pleaded while wiping the sweat aligned on her beautiful face, tear stinging his eyes, looking at her state, his heart pained looking at the love of his life like this, so helpless.

A frown appeared on her forehead as her whispers faded away, her body relaxing in his known warmth.

He pressed his forehead against her chest where her heart resides.

"Baby please...", Her hand clutched his shoulder and her eyes fluttered open.

She looked around at her surroundings in shock, her breathing was coming shallow, soon Pranav's body engulfed her, hiding her from the nightmare she was facing alone.

Her chest tightened, tears streaming down her cheeks as she sobbed against his chest, wetting his shirt.

"I-i..."

"Shh...", He shushed her and kept hugging her while she wrapped her arm around him.

They stayed just like that - in each other's embrace - until she relaxed, skin to skin, his face stuffed in her neck, peppering kisses over her neck, whispering soothing words.

He detached himself from her, cradled her face and wiped the tears from her face.

"What happened?", He asked softly, staring into her eyes, devouring her soul.

As if remembering what she saw, her eyes again became teary.

She gripped his collar and jerked him toward herself. "Hamare bacho ko kuch nahi hoga na?", She asked softly but the sense of demand was still there in her tone.

(Nothing will happen to our child, right?)

"Aapko lagta hai unko koi chhu bhi sakta hai?", A tear slipped staining her cheeks, remembering Shivansh. "Par Shivansh...", Words died in her mouth and she looked away.

(You really think someone can even touch them?)

(But Shivansh...)

"Wo Zinda hai..."

(He is alive...)