• 47. Mystery

Hey Sunshines, how are you guys doing?

~ She loved mysteries so much
that she became one!

†††††

(Just after they got out of the restaurant)

Author's POV ~

"I fucking hate your eyes.", Aditya slurred looking at Ace. Ace shook his head at him because it's not the first time he has said that but Shivanya's head snapped in his direction.

She looked at him with a frown. "Don't worry. It's his usual.", Sebestian said, who was standing beside her. "What?!", She exclaimed in confusion. Sebestian hummed and nodded.

"Every time he has gotten drunk, he has said the same thing to Ace about him hating his eyes.", As if a realization dawned over her, she froze. With wide eyes she looked at her brother.

She gulped as nervousness coiled over her, seeing her reaction Sebestian asked, "Do you know why he always says the same thing?"

She glanced briefly in Sebestian's direction and then into Ace's eyes, those stormy grey eyes which had brought a storm in her life, but don't know how they brought peace too.

Destiny made her hate those eyes but also made her drown in them.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

'What's so special about him?'

Shivanya stared at the blank screen of her laptop with a blank look. Aditya's question was repeatedly playing in her mind like a video tape but her answer remained the same.

'I don't know.'

Her fingers traced the keyboard absentmindedly with no trace of proof of her being there because her mind was somewhere else, trying to find the answers from an unknown.

'Har sawal ka jawab hona jaruri hai kya?! Kya aisa nahi ho sakta ki kuch sawal bina sawal kiye humari zindagi se chale jaye? Kyu hume itna satana? Aur agar itna pareshan karna bhi hai to un chhupe jawabon ka ehsaas hi dilwa de?'

( Does every question need to have an answer to it?! Can't it happen that a few questions go away without questioning anything? Why bother us so much? And if they really have to bother us then can't they give us the hints of the hidden answers? )

<<<< My head tilted toward the sky and a drop of water fell on my cheek. 'It's raining.' A simple realisation made me sit on the ground as my fingers worked on opening the ghunghroo tied around my ankles.

I wrapped the dupatta over my head and strided toward the palace. My pace was fast so that I wouldn't get that much wet due to the rain.

But suddenly the sound of footsteps running in my direction swirled in my ear.

I didn't get the time to react when a masculine hand pulled me toward itself by my wrist.

Panic settled in my heart and a hand got wrapped around my mouth as if knowing that I was about to scream.

My eyes were shut tightly when I masculine body pushed me toward the pillar. I could feel his hard abs despite the clothings between us.