4. Mental Scars

"Can I join you, girls, too?"

Emily asked, peeking through the door which caused her daughters to chuckle.

"Come in Mamma"

"Mamma, are you still unhappy with my decision to move to the city?"

Chantal looked upset. She was someone who always craved for her parents' approval in every little thing she did and hated to break their trust. She was successful in maintaining their trust all these years until the recent unfortunate event in her life.

"Chantal, your happiness matters to us and if you want to go then you are going. Also, you two have been inseparable since childhood."

Emily spoke sitting on the other side of the bed.

"Thank you, Mamma. I was really feeling bad."

"But..."

"But what Mamma?"

Eve frowned while Chantal witnessed her mother's serious expression as she felt like her heart leaped out of her chest fearing what if her mother sensed, about her latest scandal, after all a mother knows everything.

"But do not forget your values, Chantal. No parties, no alcohol."

"Mamma, I am an adult and besides Eve's going to be with me so why worry?"

Chantal spoke with a pout.

"I know and that is why we are less worried, Chantal but the city is filled with evil people from whom you have to protect yourself. You know what I mean?"

"I do"

She nodded, lowering her face thinking how her parents would freak out knowing that she had already been trapped by an evil man not long ago.

"And most importantly do not lose your purity before marriage Chantal."

"That's enough Mamma"

Evelyn immediately cut in as Chantal gulped while fisting her palms.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"You are just scaring her."

Emily sighed and held Chantal's hand.

"I am worried about you because—"

"Because our Chantal is very beautiful."

Evelyn completed her mother's sentence chuckling.

"That is because I am a copy of you both."

Chantal rolled her eyes, folding her arms across her chest.

The next evening, she exhaled walking into her house to spot her father watching some news related to politics.

"Hey, how was your last day, little birdie?"

Eve was sitting next to her father typing on her laptop.

"The day was quite tiring and very emotional. I was bombarded with millions of questions as to why am I resigning all of a sudden and you won't believe this,"

She replied, yawning.

"What?"

Emily's voice could be heard from the kitchen.

"Mamma the principal insisted that I stay and even proposed to increase my salary. Also, the kids left crying and they made me cry too."

She spoke walking into the kitchen as her mother forwarded her a glass of water.

"You know dear there is still time to change your decision."

She smiled hearing her father. She headed towards the couch and kissed his cheek muttering, "No", and headed upstairs to her room giggling. However, her cheerful façade vanished as soon as she closed the door to her room, revealing her true dark and unhappy state. She sighed removing her