7. Clumsy And Arrogant

She cleared her throat adjusting her outfit as his eyes checked her out from top to bottom with a hungry gaze.

"I'll see you guys in the evening, bye."

She didn't even look at the man and walked past him making him sigh.

"Chantal, Chantal, sweetheart why are you ignoring me?"

He called after her, following her out.

"Sweetheart I—"

"OMG, Kevin, can you lower your voice? Respect the place you are in."

She rolled her eyes.

"Wait, you are ignoring me."

He gripped her wrist, turning her to him.

"I am not ignoring you."

She spoke in a gentle tone. Her hazel eyes were glistening under the sun.

"You have grown more beautiful, Chantal."

Kevin couldn't help but caress her face but she moved away.

"Don't touch me, somebody might see us."

"I couldn't forget you."

The yearning look visible on his orbs seemed genuine.

"What are you doing here, Kevin?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Her lips quirked up as she noticed Tania and her pals gazing at them from the first floor out of the corner of her eye.

"I am appointed as a substitute dance instructor."

"Really?"

He grinned as she nodded at him.

"OK, bye, Kevin"

"Wait,"

He could hear her groaning in annoyance.

"What, now?"

"What are you doing this evening?"

"I am busy."

"What a stubborn woman."

He murmured gazing at her as she walked past him. The moment Chantal exited the gate she sighed a heave of relief before rolling her eyes. She knew how persuasive Kevin could be but she wasn't an easy nut to crack either.

After a short distance of walking, she could see a tiny café nearby and went inside it. As she sat down on the seat next to the window her phone beeped indicating a text.

"Hello ma'am, what would you like to have?"

The server asked in a polite tone.

"Hi, please bring me a cup of latte and a chicken cheese grilled sandwich."

"I will be back with your order ma'am."

"Thanks"

She muttered checking her phone to find a text from Eve asking how her interview went. She would have called her but knew her sister would be busy at the moment so she texted back.

Her surroundings were calm as the place wasn't crowded much which caused her to relax while scrolling through her phone.

Soon her order arrived. She was about to dig into her food when her phone started to vibrate.

"Hello brother"

She muttered after receiving the call while taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Hello, Chantal, how was your interview?"