32. Failed Trick

Rayvonn breathed a sigh of relief to see Chantal. She had changed into long pants and a short sweatshirt and was heading downstairs.

He was relieved to see her because he was tired of Tanya's constant babbling, even though he didn't enjoy the fact that her slim legs were now covered.

"Would you like some coffee or tea, Mr. Trevino?"

"I would like some hot chocolate, my beautiful Chantal."

Before he could answer, Tanya butted in.

"Sure, my baby, and what about you?"

"Coffee"

His tone was cold because he didn't favor the fact that she referred to Tanya as 'my baby'.

"Okay, I'll be right back."

She smiled and walked into the kitchen and he wished she would stay and save him from the annoying teenager.

"I know you like her."

As Tanya crossed one leg over the other in an effort to intimidate Rayvonn, he narrowed his eyes in her direction. Her face had a mocking sneer on it.

"You must be wondering how I know right?"

She tilted her face raising her brows at him as he silently observed her.

"Well, it's obvious from the way you look at her and the way you were staring at her that day while Chan was performing, says it all."

Well, it wasn't easy to read his expressions but Tanya easily did.

Present...

"So, tell me,"

"What?"

When she moved her face closer, he looked confused.

"Tell me, was Chan with you this morning?"

Her voice was a whisper.

"Yes"

As she let out a dramatic gasp, he appeared interested.

"So you did indeed give Chan that love bite, didn't you?"

Rayvonn's lips quirked up at her words.

"You are a smart kid."

"But you have to work harder because she is a hard nut to crack. She won't give in easily. Trust me, I know her."

With two cups of steaming coffee and hot chocolate in her hands, Chantal emerged from the kitchen. Her eyes were fixed on his arm and there was a worried expression on her face.

When she saw them looking at each other as if talking through their eyes, she looked confused.

"What are you both conversing about? I hope it's not about me?"

She commented, extending the drink to Rayvonn, but her eyes were fixed on Tanya, who was grinning. She was unaware that he had purposefully rubbed his fingers against her hand.

"No, we were just having some casual talks."

"I doubt that."

Chantal narrowed her eyes at her while Rayvonn was staring at the cup. His regular cup of coffee was black with no sugar or milk, but the cup he was holding at the moment was the exact opposite.

Nevertheless, as he took the first sip, he was surprised to find it delicious, craving more of the drink.

"What else did you get along with cookies and chocolates?"

When Chantal placed a plate of cookies, Tanya asked.

"Um, I'll tell you later."

"Why tell me now?"