31. Sparks Of Desire

"I know you like her."

As she crossed one leg over the other in an effort to intimidate him, he narrowed his eyes in her direction. Her face had a mocking sneer on it.

"You must be wondering how I know right?"

She tilted her face raising her brows at him as he silently observed her.

"Well, it's obvious from the way you look at her and the way you were staring at her that day while Chan was performing, says it all."

With two cups of steaming coffee and hot chocolate in her hands and a worried expression on her face, Chantal emerged from the kitchen. Her eyes were fixed on his arm.

A while ago...

*Yawns*

As she heard the doorbell ringing, she headed downstairs.

"You are late Tan," she frowned, "I was thinking of calling you."

An exhausted-looking Tania entered walking past her.

"Yeah, we went to this restaurant to celebrate and then you know."

"Mmmhmmm"

Chantal plopped down next to her on the sofa.

"Where are the lovebirds?"

A chuckle left Chantal's lips to hear Tanya's words.

"The lovebirds left together to attend a wedding in some town and they'll be back by tomorrow night."

"Hahh, everything seems lovely when you are in love."

When Chantal just shook her face at her, she continued to speak.

"Hey, have you ever fallen in love, Chan?"

"Nope"

Tania narrowed her eyes at Chantal as she bent her head and closed her eyes while leaning on the couch.

"Really?"

"I don't want to discuss about falling in love with a teenager."

She smirked at a pouting Tania.

"You are mean."

"Whatever, go to your room and change. I'm going to make some hot chocolate for you."

"Fine you can try to hide it but,"

"But?"

She raised a brow seeing Tania giving her a teasing look.

"But that dark red love bite on your neck says otherwise, Miss Perez."

As she brushed her hair to cover it, she let out a gasp.

"It's just an a..allergy okay, do not overthink it."

"Oh allergy, is it? you think I was born yesterday dear Chantal?"

"Come here you little brat, I'm going to kick your ass tonight."

Chantal said while grabbing a pillow from the couch and throwing it towards Tania.

"Ohhh shit! No, you wouldn't."

She laughed trying to dodge the pillow attack and ran upstairs followed by Chantal. They made the entire house resound with their laughter and chuckles.

Meanwhile, Rayvonn entered his car after completing some company-related tasks. He told Bill to go home instead of driving despite Bill's insistence that he do so.

He ran his hand over his hair thinking about her. Bringing her the bags that she had left in his car earlier in the morning gave him the opportunity to finally behold her face. He soon arrived in her neighborhood, where he parked his car across the street.