40. Not My King!

"Are you guys kidding me right now? What am I, a criminal?"

Chantal scoffed and fisted her hands in rage.

"You are not ma'am please try to understand."

Jane looked terrified to witness Chantal marching toward her coworkers.

"I will not understand anything. Let me through NOW!"

Her scream caused the maids to flinch.

Chantal was on the point of losing her temper, but she had no idea why. Most likely, she had had enough of fate playing games with her over and over again. Her excruciating headache was also making it difficult for her to be cool.

"I'm...I'm so sorry," she cleared her throat, "I didn't mean to. Oh God! Just please let me go. Please I plead with you, all three of you."

The three women looked at each other in desperation.

"Our hands are tied up ma'am."

"I don't see, no rope."

"What she meant was that we are just following orders."

Chantal heaved out a heavy sigh placing her hands on her hips. She bit her lip thinking hard about a way to escape then it hit her.

"Ahhh!"

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

Jane and the maids immediately rushed towards her as she clutched her tummy faking it.

"What happened ma'am?"

"Ahhh, ahhh, I don't....I...don't know. M...my stomach h...hurts"

"Please sit down on the bed ma'am."

"I...I can't move."

One of the maids made a small backward movement while maintaining a worried expression on her face. The other two maids then attempted to drag Chantal to the bed, but Chantal pushed them away and bolted from the room.

"Ma'am wait"

Jane called hurrying out of the room behind her but Chantal had no intention of stopping until her face got bumped into something.

"Ouch!"

"Hmmm running off, to somewhere?"

She craned her neck up and gave the man a disapproving look as she heard him speaking while stroking her nose.

"Excuse me"

She said wanting to walk past him but Wesley didn't let her of course. He had his usual grin on and his eyes sparkled in a playful way.

"I believe I can't, beautiful."

"Have we met before?"

She gritted her teeth and asked him.

"I don't think so, why do you think we have?"

Wesley's grin widened as he rubbed his jaw observing her.

"I felt like I had seen you somewhere. Now please excuse me I...ah what the hell!"

Chantal was distracted for a short period of time by Wesley when Jane stood behind her and tied her hands together with a rope.

"Untie me right now! What is this behavior? You are supposed to help me."

"I am afraid I cannot let you escape, not before the boss wants you to."

"Urgh, this again. Boss wants this, boss wants that. What is he? A King? Well, he is Not My King!"

She rolled her eyes causing Wesley to gaze at her in amazement.