20. Like an Angel

"It's an honor to have you both here, Mr. Trevino and Mr. Harris."

Mrs. Adams' tone was polite.

"Thank You"

Wesley replied with a small smile of his own and Rayvonn just nodded at her. He appeared annoyed that he couldn't find her anywhere in his icy, steely gaze.

"Please this way"

The two men walked into the building. In the meantime, the school captain entered the media room.

"Good Morning Chantal Ma'am."

"Morning Theo"

"Our guests are here. The principal has ordered me to take you guys backstage for the performance. Are you guys ready?"

His eyes glinted as they fell on Tania.

"Yup"

Tania nodded, not even looking at Theo while her friends smirked.

"Alright, all the best my girls, make me proud."

Chantal spoke, kissing their foreheads.

"Aren't you coming with us?"

Lana looked confused.

"Um, I'll be there. I just need to use the restroom real quick plus you will find Sandra Ma'am."

The girls nodded and left after Theo as Chantal sighed while licking her lips.

She lied, neither would she go backstage nor would she join her colleagues in the front seats of the auditorium.

In fact, she decided she wouldn't even come in front of the guests at all, and among the other teachers, she was sure no one would notice her absence.

"I'm not interested in meeting another rich arrogant jerk anyway."

She muttered with a shrug exiting the room.

"Do you want to lose your job?"

Mrs. Adams gulped in immense terror as she heard Wesley. They were sitting in the theater hall's front row as Sandra announced the upcoming performance.

As the girls' performance started Rayvonn clenched his fists in rage.

"Where is She?"

His voice was ice cold, that managed to run a shiver down her spine.

"S..she must be here somewhere."

"Where is she and why isn't she on stage?"

Wesley too asked in a displeasing tone.

A short while later, their performance came to a close, and everyone, including the educators and the students, applauded.

This included Chantal, who was sitting next to Theo at the back of the hall, not with the teachers but near the students' entrance.

"Wow, these girls of mine are so talented, don't you agree Theo?"

Chantal looked delighted.

"Of course Ma'am, Tania is great."

As Chantal giggled at his words, making his eyes widen, and causing him to realize what he just spoke.

"I mean," he cleared his throat, "I mean the credit goes to you, Chantal Ma'am."

"Sure Theo, sure"

She shook her face smiling and stood up about to exit when she heard her name being called by the principal. A gasp left her lips at what she heard next.