34. A Deer Caught In The Headlights

Such was the stillness around them to hear her response that the three individuals in the room could clearly hear each other breathing.

"Wha...what did you say?"

Evelyn inquired in grave confusion.

Because of what she had heard her sister say, her eyes were perplexed.

Chantal cleared her throat as Rayvonn too stared at her highly confused. He could have never thought in his million dreams that the woman could ever say something like that, not that he didn't prefer her words. Her daring nature did not fail to make him amused yet again.

It was a major turn-on for him at the moment and he wished for nothing but to smash her petite form against the wall and take her hard until she begged him to stop.

Already, he could imagine his ears were drumming with her whimpering and panting.

"I...I, we are dating."

"Since when?"

"Um, a few days,"

"And you are telling me now?"

An emotion of hurt flashed across Eve's eyes.

"I was about to tell you."

"I can't believe this."

Evelyn scoffed, shaking her face, and stormed out of the room.

"Eve listen to me,"

Chantal called from behind her and turned to follow her when Rayvonn grabbed hold of her sweatshirt and stopped her in her tracks.

She gulped not getting enough courage to even look at him out of embarrassment.

"Explain"

He demanded her.

"Uhh...I...I—"

"I hate someone who stutters Miss Perez."

"I don't like you either."

Her inability to restrain her witty tongue for very long caused his grip on her hoodie to get tighter. He pulled her towards him causing her to gasp.

"You shouldn't have said that Miss Perez."

She moved her face in the direction of the window to notice that it was early morning.

"Oh, look, it's almost morning. I think you should go now Mr. Trevino, don't you think? We can chat later."

He had no intention to leave but he decided to as her eyes were pleading with him. Not able to handle his glare, she lowered her eyes blinking.

"I'll see you soon, Miss Perez."

She exhaled as he left her room, and touched her neck, only for his bite to cause her to hiss in dull pain.

"Urghhh, why is my life turning out to be so messy? What is my fault, God?"

She sat on the bed with a lowered face cursing her luck. She wished she could go back to two-three months prior when her life used to be simple and perfect.

At the moment she had no idea what to tell her sister. She hated to make her worry. Evelyn had a bad temper, so she would undoubtedly erupt in rage if she learned that Rayvonn had unexpectedly kissed Chantal in the elevator or that he had been behaving inappropriately toward her ever since.

"I'll be honest with her about everything that has happened to me lately."

Chantal got up and nodded, murmuring to herself. She exited her room and headed downstairs to see her sister sitting on the couch with Tate and Tanya sitting in front of her.

"Eve I—"

"You are in a relationship with the head of the institution where you work, but you didn't even think it was necessary to tell me."

"I, Eve, he is no—"

"And he is also my boss."

Chantal couldn't finish her sentence and looked confused with the new information.

"Mr. Trevino is my boss. I work in The Trevino Group."

Tate clarified as she raised an eyebrow at him, and then she recalled the first time she overheard her colleagues talking about the new owner and the reason she had the impression she had heard the name before.

"You guys shouldn't judge her, after all, love is blind."

Tania spoke in a sleepy tone which caused Chantal to roll her eyes.

"Why are you up so early? It's Sunday."

"When I saw Eve storming out of your room, I followed her and eventually told them everything that had transpired the night before. I also said goodbye to your boyfriend, but he only gave me a glare. He may not really like me, in my opinion."

Tania yawned saying it all in a dramatic tone and, in just one breath before rushing upstairs probably back to sleep. Chantal's eyes were fixed on her sister who appeared really upset.

'I feel so bad. I'm the reason she is upset. It is my entire fault.'

When she saw Eve walking to her room, she was about to follow her but Tate said something that made her halt.

"I don't mean to judge you or meddle in your personal matters, but I don't believe you are yet aware of the kind of power Mr. Trevino holds in this

city. He is a man who should not be taken lightly. You are loved by my sister and are like my sister. Simply put, I don't want to lose my job is all I'm trying to say. Do you get me, Chantal?"

'There is no way, I can tell Evelyn now.'

She gulped thinking of the serious consequences.

"Don't worry brother. I will not be the reason for you to lose your job."

She let out a sigh along with a forced smile.

"Thank you, go talk to your sister."

"Okay"

She nodded heading towards the room.

"Eve I'm so—"

"Close the door."

Evelyn said as she was facing the window.

"Eve, please don't be mad at me. I was about to tell you, I swear."

Eve turned to face her. "I'm not mad at you Little Birdie but I'm sad you didn't find it necessary to tell me."

"No, no," Chantal drifted closer, "it's not like that. I didn't want to worry you, and was confused about my feelings."

Evelyn frowned at her, "does it have something to do with Kevin?"

"Of course not, he is just a friend."

"I thought you two had something going on."

"No, we don't."

She replied in a cold tone, remembering Kevin's accusations.

"Okay, you are an adult and it's your life."

Evelyn sighed, nodding her face.

"Thank God, you are not angry at me."

Chantal too let out a sigh of relief smiling and was about to hug Eve when her sister decided to drop the bomb at her.

"I want to meet your boyfriend."

"W...what?"

A deer caught in the headlights was what Chantal looked like at the moment.

"Invite him to dinner."

"I do...don't think that is necessary, hahaha."

She tried hard to laugh it off but in vain as Eve crossed her arms across her chest raising her brows.

"What is there to laugh at and it is necessary. I want to meet the man who is dating my little sister. I don't care who he is."

"Of course, you don't."

Chantal lowered her face putting a tendril of hair behind her hair while cursing her fate internally.