42. Forbidden Room

She was so horrified that her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she heard his approaching footsteps. She shuddered from head to toe, covering her lips with both of her hands in an effort to be as silent as she could.

She was sobbing so much that her vision was becoming fuzzy, but even so, she was unable to see anything inside the dark wardrobe where she was hiding.

"LittleOne"

The same voice that tended to send shivers down her spine was heard as she let out a faint, inaudible gasp.

No! She wasn't afraid of Rayvonn Trevino but she was horrified of the man who stole her innocence without any mercy. Her heart bore the scars of that night.

How could she be this naïve? Why didn't she find out sooner than expected? What a fool she had been. If only, she had been smarter.

"Tch tch tch, you haven't even been here a day, Little One, and you've already broken a rule, hmm? They say that a cat's fate is caused by curiosity."

'Please go away, please go away.'

She chanted in her mind.

"Come out from wherever you are right now. You must know that you cannot hide from me, Little One."

As Rayvonn folded his sleeves to expose his veiny arms, he tossed his coat on the bed with a smirk on his face.

"You have been quite naughty since you left your hometown, thus you must be punished. My woman must be restrained to her limited boundaries!"

He uttered the next line in his usual cold tone causing her terror to increase.

Earlier that day...

She proceeded to follow him in what appeared to be the direction of his room while glaring at his back. Chantal briefly glanced at the same door as she passed the room that had managed to catch her eye the previous time she had been there.

"Where are we going?"

He didn't reply to her as she noticed him entering the same room she woke up to some time back.

"This will be your room, Miss Perez."

She wrinkled her forehead as she took in the proximity of this room to his sizable suite.

"Why do I need a room? It is not like I'm going to stay here."

"You are going to stay here because you are going to cook me food and have dinner with me every single night starting from tonight Miss Perez."

"I'll come over in the evening to cook you dinner, and then I'll leave. I'm not staying with you, not in any way"

It was obvious he didn't like her statement.

"Freshen up, you stink of liquor, and come down for breakfast in ten minutes."

His sudden deep tone made her frown.

"I don't have anything to wear."

"Check the closet."

Rayvonn stormed out of the room before she could open her mouth again. Chantal sighed as she moved toward the walk-in closet and was startled at what she saw when she got there.

Everything a woman could possibly need was available, including dresses, tops, jeans, accessories, jewelry, and footwear.

A drawer was opened, revealing undergarments. Additionally, the fact that the inner garments were her size surprised her the most.

"Now this is weird and creepy."

She muttered holding a beige-colored lacy thong. She folded her arms across her chest staring at the luxurious and expensive items that a woman like her could only dream of.