29. A Roller-Coaster Ride

"Chantal, you arrived at last. Tania nearly had a heartbroken face when she didn't see you here. What have you been doing? The game has already begun."

As soon as Chantal sat down next to her in the gallery, Sandra asked.

"Wait, why do your eyes look puffy? Is everything alright?"

Chantal let out a sigh and licked her lips staring ahead. A lot of thoughts were running around her mind that she had to spend some time alone in the

washroom.

She was still surprised by Kevin's sudden behavior and accusation.

And her thoughts were also constantly returning to the kiss she had with Mr. Trevino. Sandra raised a brow at her in concern.

"Chantal?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Absolutely, why? Were you saying something, sorry, I zoned out."

"I figured that out. So what happened?"

Another sigh, of desperation, followed as she leaned back into the seat crossing her arms across her chest.

"So many things are happening in my life Sandra, I wish I could tell you but I don't want to drag you into my troubles. It's like my life is turning into a roller-coaster ride. Like, I don't even know what is happening anymore. I'm so confused by people and their actual faces. I am freaking fed up, argh!"

"Woah," Sandra put her hand on Chantal's shoulder, "calm down woman."

"Every day is a surprise for me. Anything can happen to me and the worst part is, I don't even stay prepared."

"Okay, I understand. I mean I'm here whenever you need me or want to talk about anything just know I'm here to listen and I won't judge."

"I know," she smiled, "thanks, honestly that means a lot to me, Sandra. You actually remind me of one of my very close friends."

Sandra nodded with a slight assuring smile of her own. Chantal waved at Tania and her friends showing a thumbs up as their faces brightened up.

****

Rayvonn got down of his car and walked inside the president's mansion with serious steps, although he had no intention of arriving there. His mind was fixed on the woman he kissed at the café. The woman who sat so close to him in his car and the very woman who sped off from him as soon as his car came to a stop.

His patience was wearing thin, and he was aware that he would soon need to hear her whimpering beneath him in order to keep himself from going insane.

He was finding it impossible to endure the ache of not feeling her skin on his. He wanted her to know that the next time he claimed her, it was him and not any other man to whom she lost her virginity. Rayvonn clicked his tongue in sheer annoyance to witness his father and her conversing with each other sitting on the couch. Robert's aged eyes gleamed to see him approaching.

"Glad you are here, son."

"What was so urgent?"

He not once spared a glance towards the beautiful woman who was staring at Rayvonn with longing eyes.

"Have a seat."

Robert frowned, not liking his cold voice as he took the seat across them.

"You remember Miss White?"

"No"

The slight smile was wiped off Charlotte's face to hear his straight reply. Robert clenched his fists but sighed trying to calm himself down.

"Son, I would like you both to get to know each other. I think you two are suitable for marriage."

"That is what you think, I don't."

Rayvonn got on his feet as Charlotte and Robert stood up as well.

"Why, I don't see the problem. Miss White is a successful woman and almost of your age. She matches your status and position."

"It is not always about status and position."

Rayvonn's lips quirked up bitterly as he continued to speak.

"I see what you are trying to do here."

"Mr. Trevino, I think your father is right and—"

"I apologize on behalf of my father Miss White but let me make this clear to you, I'm not and will never be interested in you because I have already

set my eyes on someone."

Charlotte let out a small gasp to hear him.

"She is—"

"She is Mine."

Rayvonn directly stated at his father's face without any hesitation or shame, not even letting Robert finish his words.

"It was a pleasure meeting you sir, I have to go."

Rayvonn didn't care when Charlotte lowered her face and hurriedly turned to leave because no woman had the right qualifications to catch his attention.

However, when it came to his Little One, things were different because not only had she managed to catch his attention, but she had also succeeded

in making a man like him become highly obsessed with her.

He already looked bored when his father questioned him in a displeasing tone staring at Charlotte's back as she exited the place.

"What is wrong with you Rayvonn?"

"Is there anything else, if not I'll take my leave now President."

"How can you do this when you know we have always maintained a good relationship with the Whites, I even gave my word to Clayton that you would marry his daughter, do you have any idea how many proposals she has been getting from suitors all across the world?"

"How would I know and why should I care? It's you who is close with that family, not me."

Robert scoffed at his son.

"That girl—"

"I will not hear a word against her!"

As soon as his father mentioned Chantal, Rayvonn's demeanor changed as he glared at Robert.

"I advise you to put your fatal obsession with her behind you and begin treating things properly. You'll soon require an heir."

"Is it because of your cherished grandson that you want me to forget about her?"

Robert sighed and sat back on the couch.

"What even can I expect more from you President also you don't have to show fake concern about me requiring an heir and from whom, I would suggest you stay away from me and my matters because that's what you have been doing best."

"My son,"

Robert looked at Rayvonn's departing back with longing eyes and murmured.

"I just want to see you happy and not regret things later."