9. Neighbor's Cat?

"Wow, that was so much fun."

Tania muttered walking into their home.

"Phew, that was so tiring."

Chantal sighed sitting down on the couch as Tania frowned while plopping down next to her.

"Didn't you have fun, Chan?"

"I was having fun until Kevin showed up."

She rolled her eyes before yawning.

"You don't seem to like him that much do you?"

Tania looked confused.

"You are right," she nodded, getting a text from Evelyn, "Eve and Tate are out for dinner. They will be late."

"It's normal. I am going to sleep. Good night Chan."

Tania stood up with half-closed eyes as Chantal kissed her forehead and murmured.

"Good night sweetie."

She had an odd feeling as she made her way to her room. After entering her room, she turned on the lights and had a look around. She could sense someone keeping an eye on her like someone was

observing her.

"I am just overthinking."

She shook her face and walked toward her washroom.

****

Wesley walked into his friend's room to see him smoking and standing on the balcony. He cleared his throat as his friend hummed without turning back.

"Why the sudden interest in your manager?"

"Did you get his details?"

Wesley sighed and kept the file on a nearby table.

"You can leave, Wes."

"Sure, night"

****

The next morning, when her alarm started ringing disturbing her slumber, she with great difficulty opened her eyes while murmuring some incoherent words in her sleep.

"Oh shit! I will be late."

When she saw the time, her eyes widened as she jumped down from her bed hurrying into the washroom. It was her first day in her new job and she had no intention of being late.

"Morning Eve, Morning Brother"

Dressed in formal clothes, Chantal settled herself on the counter ignoring the couple who were making out.

"Did you sleep well, little birdie?"

Eve asked, sitting down next to her.

"Yeah but—"

"But, what Chantal?"

Tate had a scowl on his face as he forwarded a cup of warm coffee toward her.

"It's so weird but I had a feeling that someone was observing me the entire night. Was it you, Eve?"

Tate and Eve looked at each other confused.

"I did check upon you, but only once."

"That is really strange."

"I know right. It's strange."

Chantal shrugged before digging into her favorite breakfast.

"Morning peeps"

"Tan, you are not ready for school yet?"

As Tania entered the kitchen, Chantal questioned.

"I, she let out a yawn, "I will be ready in no time. Brother, what is for breakfast?"