22. Framed & Misunderstood

She cleared her throat before stepping back a little to maintain a proper distance between them, causing his lips to slightly twitch.

"Sit down, Miss Perez"

As he took a seat in front of the desk, she scowled and turned to face him.

"Mrs. Adams, she—"

"This is my office."

That is when she realized that she was actually on the top floor where the new owner's office was situated. She was so preoccupied with her thoughts that she was oblivious to the direction she was heading and was only aware of the exact words the peon had said.

'Dang it Chantal'

She thought to herself.

"Sir, I apologize; I came here by mistake. I apologize for taking up your valuable time but I was actually on my way to the principal's office."

Her tone couldn't be sweeter and Rayvonn knew she was faking it. As she turned to leave, his icy-cold voice once again echoed in the entire room.

"I said sit down, Miss Perez."

Chantal nodded internally, rolling her eyes at him. She had no idea why her distaste for him appeared to be intensifying with each passing moment, other than the fact that he had kissed her in the elevator and treated her rudely that day when she went to give Tate his pen drive.

"You want to resign from your post?"

Rayvonn directly came to his point, catching her by surprise.

"I already did, Sir."

"The thing is Miss Perez, you cannot leave this job."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me right."

"But, I...I gave a resignation letter to Mrs. Adams."

She blinked her eyes, almost going into a panic state to hear him.

"I recently implemented a new regulation as the new owner of this establishment. As a result of the other teacher's nearly one-year maternity leave and the fact that you are filling in for her, you are not permitted to resign at any time until she returns Miss Perez."

"What, that doesn't make sense Mr. Trevino."

She stood up fisting her palms.

"It does, you are working in a private institution and there are certain rules that you must follow."

"Bullshit!"

"Language, Miss Perez"

His tone was stern this time.

"You can easily find another substitute."

"We may, but the fact is, the pupils may suffer as a result of this."

Chantal grimaced as he presented a document to her and said. "Here is your signature that you abide by this rule."

As she saw her sign on the paper behind the specific rule that he was mentioning, she widened her eyes in sheer disbelief.

"I've been set up; I never signed that kind of document. This is, this is..."

Then she recalled that a peon had almost forced her to sign a document in the morning after she left the principal's office a few hours earlier.

Upon inquiry, he replied that it was only for a survey for student feedback. She didn't pay much attention to it throughout the signing because she was too preoccupied with her class to do so.