14. Adorable Sight

"Okay"

Hearing his reply, she replied shrugging. It wasn't her business anyway. She agreed to play the part of his lover for only one night because Kevin had promised to stay away from her.

She had already gone through losing her virginity to a total stranger, leaving her previous job and town, and moving to the city, as well as being threatened to avoid other men by that same stranger who kidnapped her and being kissed in the elevator by another stranger.

Her life was a mess and she knew it therefore she prayed to God to give her strength to somehow pass the night so she could stay away from drama. Lost in her thoughts, Chantal didn't realize the car coming to a halt.

"We have reached, sweetheart."

When she stepped out of his car with her eyes blinking and head nodding, her lips gaped in amazement for never in her life had she come across a house, no, a mansion so magnificent and beautiful.

While Kevin casually started walking in the direction of the huge entrance, she was still on her spot to see armed guards all around guarding the estate.

"What happened?"

He frowned and looked at her.

"Kevin, I am so nervous. I shouldn't go inside."

"Don't be, you are with me."

He approached her and was about to hold her hand but she refused, causing him to furrow his brows.

"You don't have to hold my hand."

She said as they headed in the direction of the entrance. Some of the maids welcomed them while bowing their heads in respect.

She couldn't decipher whether she looked underdressed or overdressed in comparison to their polished and formal uniforms as the servants looked at her from top to bottom.

She was glad she was wearing this outfit since otherwise she would have appeared unattractive considering her collection of simple and casual dresses.

"Where is Grandpa?"

As she heard his colder voice, she realized from the moment they stepped into this place, that Kevin's not only voice but also his demeanor had turned cold and serious.

"Mr. Sterling has been waiting for you Sir, he will be here soon."

One of the maids responded as he nodded. When he looked at the young woman standing beside him admiring the place he grew up in, his lips quirked up.

"So what do you think, sweetheart?"

"About what?"

She sounded confused.

"About my grandfather's house?"

He said as they sat down on the couch.

"Oh, I already saw this place."

"You did when?"

He frowned to hear her.

"On the TV"

"Right"

He sighed, shaking his face. When they heard footsteps nearing them, he quickly clutched her hand and whispered in her ear.

"Start acting"

She nodded as he kissed her cheek, causing her to slightly glare at him.

"Kevin?"

"Grandpa"

They stood up as the aged man's gaze went toward their intertwined hands. Chantal was anxious to find herself in front of the president whom she had seen on the news and she wasn't someone famous.