33. Lover

"No, no don't please don't..."

He continued to mutter incoherent words in his sleep as she drifted closer to the bed. The only source of light in the room was coming through the open window so she switched on the lights.

"Mr. Trevino?"

She tried to wake him up but he looked uncomfortable and furrowed his eyebrows in his sleep as she realized he was having a nightmare.

She did what Evelyn normally did to soothe herself down whenever she saw a bad dream while kneeling next to his form and heaving a sigh.

His hair was stroked as she worked her fingers through it. When he still didn't seem to calm down, Chantal muttered in a gentle voice.

"Um, Mr. Trevino, you are...you are dreaming."

She gave him a gentle shake with her other hand, causing him to suddenly snap open his eyes. He grabbed her hand and straightened up.

"Why are you here?"

"You were dreaming, Sir."

"I asked why you are here, Miss Perez?"

She blinked, caught by surprise at his harsh tone.

"I...I was just checking up on you."

As she spoke, she saw a startling gleam flash across the silver rim of his eyes, but she afterward concluded she might have been mistaken.

Rayvonn sighed leaving her hand and running his hand over his hair moving his gaze away from her. She got up on her feet and turned to leave.

"Did I allow you to leave, Miss Perez?"

Startled, by his words she looked at him in a confused way.

"Well, I'm going back to bed."

She shrugged while speaking in a casual tone as he got down and stood hovering above her causing her to glance up.

"I want company."

She frowned at his words as he continued.

"If you are feeling sleepy you can go to sleep but in this room."

His tone held authority causing her eyes to roll.

"What if I don't want to sleep in this room?"

She crossed her arms across her chest.

"That is your problem but you are not to leave this room."

His words made her scoff.

"I won't touch you."

"Huh?"

When she arched her brow at him in question his lips slightly quirked up. He walked past her towards the window. He looked calm and composed and his hands were inside his pockets.

Chantal let out a sigh and sat on the bed looking at his back.

"Why do you want company? What did you dream about? Was it a bad dream?"

Rayvonn's lips curled up more. He was sure the woman couldn't keep her mouth shut for long and at the moment the last thing he wanted was to stay alone, not after the painful dream he saw that threatened to raise a lot of buried memories.

The fact that he also enjoyed her presence was something he also refused to accept yet, but there was something about this woman's presence that seemed to lessen the ache in his dead heart or was it just because he desired her sexually?

Was it just the only reason? Was it because her body offered him serenity? Was it because her moans and gasps felt like a piece of soothing music to his ears?