18. History Repeats?

There were still twenty minutes left for the lunch break to get over and Chantal along with her colleagues gathered around the conference hall waiting for Mrs. Adams.

The president's grandson was nowhere to be seen when she looked for him, leading her to believe that Kevin must have been absent. As promised neither he called her nor even texted her, which she was glad for.

"Where are you lost, Chantal?"

Carla, who was sitting next to her, asked.

"Umm, is Mr. Wilson absent today?"

"Mr. Wilson has taken a leave of one week, is what I have heard."

"Ohh"

She nodded as the principal entered the hall and walked toward the podium.

"Good afternoon dear teachers," she smiled warmly, "I would like to let you know that the Trevino Group has acquired our school and that Mr. Trevino, as the new owner, would want to make some improvements for the benefit of our institution."

'Trevino Group? I have heard this name somewhere for sure, but where have I?'

Chantal thought hard with a frown trying to recall as Mrs. Adams continued to speak.

"We should behave ourselves best tomorrow because the CEO will visit our institute for the first time. Thank you. You may all return to your classes, and Miss Perez and Miss Arthur stay for a little longer please."

Chantal nodded as the other teachers walked out murmuring among themselves. As she and the other teacher drifted closer to the principal, Mrs. Adams spoke.

"Miss Perez, I was thinking of arranging a small program for our guests tomorrow."

She said and paused and waited for Chantal's reply.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking why not you perform for them?"

Chantal gulped in fear as some memories of her past started to swarm up in her mind.

'Is history repeating itself?'

She thought blinking her eyes and her entire form started to slightly shiver.

"Or, Mrs. Adams, we may choose a couple of the best dancers and have them perform as part of a group dance."

Sandra who noticed Chantal's changed demeanor came to her rescue while the principal's face darkened but she nonetheless nodded with a small

smile.

"Sure if the students can manage to learn a full choreography in such a short time then go for it."

"They will Mrs. Adams."

Chantal responded with confidence as the old lady walked out of the hall and only then could Chantal release a sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?"

Sandra sensing her shivering form yet again sounded concerned.

"Yeah," she cleared her throat, "thanks a lot for suggesting the alternative idea Sandra, or I don't know how I would have been able to reject Mrs. Adams."

"You're welcome; I guess you must have had a bad past experience related to this?"

"Trust me, Sandra, you don't have any idea."

As she wiped her sweat from her forehead, Chantal remarked remembering the cause of her messed up life, the beginning of her trauma and nightmares but not this time.

"Will the students agree? The first half of the day is almost done. Will they be able to pick up choreography now that we have less time?"

As Sandra, who teaches yoga bombarded her with so many questions, Chantal sighed.