25. Selfishness & Confusion

He awoke from the most restful sleep of his life holding her in his arms at five in the morning. However, he grew frightened as he continued to stare at the ceiling out of concern that he could become attached to the young woman who was snuggled up on top of him while she slept.

Her soft breaths were fanning against his neck. Their bodies were being wrapped in a cozy embrace by the duvet.

Rayvonn had trouble falling asleep in any place other than his own, so it came as a surprise to him that he managed to do so in the small room.

His luxurious suite was far more huge than this room. What was the cause of it? Without much of a doubt the woman in his arms.

He sighed, closing his eyes because he had no wish or energy to get up from his current position. He had never felt so satisfied for a long time but he knew he had to leave before the bunny woke up.

He twitched his lips as he recalled how she had tried to learn the truth last night in a clever manner but had been unsuccessful since his nephew had phoned her.

As he tried to remove her from him, she scrunched up her nose and murmured something making the man confused at her so he tried again and this time he was impressed to hear her say.

"Teddy no no, stay"

His gaze then fell on the big bright red soft toy sitting on the floor beside the bed.

"Who sleeps with a teddy bear at this age?"

He sounded confused, shaking his face.

A few more minutes rolled by and he couldn't gather the courage to move her from top of him and get up. His hand spontaneously moved to push back the few hair tendrils that were concealing her face because, for the most part, he didn't want to leave her.

As soon as his eyes landed on her cute face, he knew he had to stay for a while longer. Chantal was a heavy sleeper without any doubt, as she cuddled more into the man's warmth causing him to tighten his arms around her.

The winter days were here and it was a chilly morning. While Rayvonn stayed still engaging himself in certain thoughts. He would have loved to go back to sleep but he knew he couldn't.

He once more looked at his watch a few minutes later. He thankfully succeeded in separating her figure from him this time, and he stood up and adjusted his shirt.

One last look at her and he headed towards the door. Before turning to look at her, he touched the doorknob but paused. He cared, but why when he wasn't supposed to?

He slightly groaned as he approached her and put the sheet over her body. Her smooth face was touched by his knuckles as she grumbled in her sleep and turned her face away making his lips twitch, once more.

"You are one hell of a trouble Little One but I'll handle you just fine."

Pure but unfamiliar adoration shone in his silver orbs before he exited her room.

Luckily for him, it was a weekend and the other members were still in bed.

He didn't give a damn if anyone sees him anyway because no one was capable of stopping him from getting what he wanted not even Tate who was standing in front of him and looked like he would pass out any moment from getting the shock of his life to see his Boss in his house so early morning

emerging from his lover's sister's bedroom.

"Boss?"

Rayvonn was blank. His attractive face was void of any emotions as he stood tall and fearless.

He went near the confused man and spoke or more like threatened in his usual cold tone.

"One word about this to anyone and you are fired."