35. Cunning Cat

She plopped down into her bed groaning. All she wanted to do was to smash her head against the wall. She tried and wanted to tell Evelyn the truth but Tate's words forced her to change her mind.

Despite everything that was going on, she did notice one thing in particular: the man who had threatened, kidnapped, and stolen her innocence had vanished from her life.

She raised her face thinking hard about the situation. Not that it was a bad thing. Her last encounter with that strange man was when he burst into her room that night dead drunk and she tricked him into babbling out the half-truth in his intoxicated state if not for Kevin's call, she would have gained more information.

The fact that the man hadn't contacted her since the next morning made her more than relieved. She had no desire to reminisce about her past lately.

"Thank you, God, at least one of my problems has been solved. I think he has forgotten about me and moved on to his next target."

In her mind, was a silent prayer to the Almighty, but the major issue was now Mr.Trevino and how to bring that man for dinner and why would he help her? Chantal was left wondering.

****

His steps echoed through the narrow hallway toward the basement. He appeared to be in a good mood as her words reverberated in his mind.

As he walked into the room, he saw his men and Bill waiting for him.

"Boss, we have caught him."

His lips curled up giving him a more attractive look to hear Bill.

"Good"

He answered sitting on the chair. Rayvonn tilted his face and rubbed his jaw staring at the tied-up man who was also badly beaten up.

"Why did you attack me?"

Although his tone came out as calm, it still managed to run a shiver down the man's spine in great terror.

When the man remained silent, Rayvonn motioned to one of his men who nodded holding a knife, and moved towards the tied-up man.

"N...no please don...don't kill me."

"If you don't want to die then answer, why did you attack Boss?"

Bill threatened him, fisting his palms.

"I was paid t..to harm you."

"Who sent you?"

The calmness present in Rayvonn's tone dropped.

The man fearfully looked at the sharp knife that had the ability to rip off his skin in an instant.

"M...Mr. Sterling"

Rayvonn didn't look shocked at all to hear that surname. He had doubts of his own anyway but Bill and the few men present looked at each other baffled.

"Name?"

"Kevin Sterling"

Rayvonn got up on his feet, his tall height hovering above the man who looked like he was going to piss on his pants at any moment.

"Hit him until he loses his senses and then throw him at the police station. Make sure he spends the rest of his life in prison."

"Yes Boss"

His men nodded yes, as he exited from there with Bill following him behind.

****

She continued to pace around her room thinking of ways to approach the man who was equivalent to a beast in her mind. Her plan of chilling the entire day went to the trash. She took a deep breath in while gazing outside to see the sun had set already.