6. Time Heals

A few days passed by in a blur. The Campbell siblings were super welcoming and loving toward Chantal.

To her amusement, Tania was fond of dancing too and even introduced her to her friends, as for Tate, he was like the elder brother Chantal had always wanted but never had until now.

"Chan, Chan, Chan, Chantal?"

"Huh?"

"Chan, I have been calling you for the past five minutes."

Tania looked confused with a hint of annoyance glinting in her tone.

Chantal was in her room staring out of the window, lost in her thoughts, and did not even hear Tania coming in.

"I," she cleared her throat, "I am so sorry Tan. I was zoned out. You were saying something, sweetie?"

"Well yeah, I am saying something."

She rolled her eyes sitting on the bed.

"Umm, what is it?"

"So our dance teacher is pregnant and is on leave and you are searching for a job right?"

"I am"

She nodded.

"I spoke to the principal. Your interview will be held tomorrow."

"Like a substitute?"

"Well, for now. Since we only have one dance instructor and require at least two, if they like you, they might make your position permanent."

Tania explained with a shrug.

"That is great Tan. Thank you so much."

Chantal smiled, hugging her.

"You are welcome, but there is a problem."

As she said that, Chantal frowned.

"What?"

"When you get appointed, which I am sure you will, I have to protect you from horny teenage boys aka my classmates."

She said in a serious tone which caused Chantal to laugh.

"Shut it okay."

"What? You are fucking attractive and pretty you know that. Even girls couldn't help but fall for you, Chan."

"Language Tania, and please stop exaggerating."

When she playfully glared at her, Tania grinned cheekily.

"Oops, don't tell Tate."

"I am going to tell him."

"Go ahead, I am not lying," she folded her arms across her chest, "what if you catch the attention of a big hotshot man? Just imagine Chan, what would happen then?"

As soon as those words left her lips, Chantal could feel her heart racing and almost leap out of her chest in horror.

That was something she didn't need to imagine at all because it already happened to her, something that not only changed her life but also changed her as a person.

She knew Tania was just teasing her, so she wasn't mad at her but her words threatened to bring back the scary memories of that night.

That night she lost her virtue to an unknown man, to a stranger, which was taught to be strictly prohibited by her parents since she was a pocket-sized human and was only to be kept for her husband.

It was against their morals, against her morals and that was the reason she separated from him for good. She stared ahead when memories of another night began to flash in her mind.