Heading out

Salams pov: im not sure how much time has passed, or how long I've been holding fiki. But ive watched her for what seems like forever. I've noticed that her skin has stayed the way it was, she seemed normal, I slowly got up, holding her hands and dragging her back to her little cave- thing. I noticed audrey and kylee were laying next to each other reading when they both looked over at us "since when was 01 white?" Audrey asked "isnt she a tint of red, why is she asleep??" Audrey added on, i moved fiki on her mattress and covered her up. "I'm not sure, she fell over and pulled her up, she was just looking like that." I said, looking at audrey and Kylee. "I sweaar...im sooo boreeed." Kylee said, kicking her feet. "Then go outside.. your a big girl." Audrey said, scoffing and sitting down, kylee looked over and was just about to run out. "Kylee, lets not.. remember what your wearing and what you look like for a moment." I said to her, kylee scoffed, looking at me. "But you look stupidt and you went out!" Kylee yelled. "Well fiki knew where we were going. You didnt, and dont know where your going." I said to her, she sighed, sitting back down and staring at the ground. I noticed fiki hold her arm up over her face, wincing. I crouched down. "Fiki, your awake?" I asked her, watching fiki turn over, reaching for something to grab. I walked over, tapping fiki, i felt her grab me and pull me down on the mattress, i squealed for a second, before she adjusted me in her arms and covered me up.

"Mmmm..tired." Fiki mumbled, cuddling her face in my shoulder. Not noticing anything different about her appearance yet. I layed my hand on her back, letting her do her own thing. "Hey 01, you should look in a mirror." Audrey said, kylee started giggling. "mm, did you draw on my face or something..?" Fiki asked, laying a hand on her face. "My skin feels smooth for some reason..what did yall do..?" Fiki asked, lifting her head up slightly. i moved my hand off of fiki as she rolled over, getting up, im suprised she hadnt noticed her hand first. Fiki yawned and walked over to her mirror. She looked at it for a moment before screaming and falling over. "Wh- how- WHAT THE FUCK???" Fiki yelled, audrey snickered, then looked fiki up and down for a moment. "You know, kylee, she reaally does look like professor lianes." Audrey said to kylee, her face expression one of curiosity.
"Well, she is his daughter, so not surprising." Kylee said, before adding on. "I dunno, professor lianes acts alot like her aswell." Kylee said, fiki grunted. "Shut up about him." Fiki mumbled, covering her face with her arm and scoffing. She didnt seem happy or sad about the little change. Fiki stood up. "Im dreaming." She mumbled, walking over and laying back down. Was dreaming a good or bad thing? Fiki layed her head back on my shoulder, laying there for a moment, before i felt her grunt. "God, my back is killing mee..." fiki said, grunting. "Turn, ill look at it." I said to fiki, which she agreed to, she turned over, rubbing her eyes. I gently lifted up her shirt, noticing how her small little stick like wing thingys were down against her back so they wouldnt go through her shirt. I noticed the area around them was super red. "I think your skins just irritated." I said, fiki looked over. "I literally have normal human skin, im not suprised its irritated.." fiki said as i moved her shirt back own and she turned back around."you knowww, we probably cant stay here." Fiki said, looking up  at her stuff. "Probably, they're looking for us, arent they?"  Audrey asked. Kylee looked over. "No doubt, your literally theyre oldest project, 03. Aswell as fiki being one they would really like to experiment on." Kylee said, as she was messing with her hair. I looked off to the side. I noticed audrey glaring at me. "Welll, we probably gotta make sure they dont find us. Theyll probably kill 05 if they do." Audrey pointed put, fiki lifted up. "How come? Is salam not valuable to them?" Fiki asked, laying her hand on my shoulder. "Not really, they just like having a form of manipulation, they finished experimenting on salam like..months or a year ago now." Audrey said, looking to the side. I sat up, looking at audrey. "Audrey, id keep your mouth shut." I said, biting my lip. Audrey sighed, stretching. "Yeah yeah, but jusst saying, you know theyll kill you if they find you again. If you dont recall when they caught you looking at 01's fi-" audrey started to say, I started yelling, not really thinking about what i was saying. "Shut up! You have no idea what the heck i saw! I could easily fucking kill you if i wanted audrey!" I yelled at her, kylee looked off, ignoring the conversation. "Oh really? Just like you tried to 02?? You clearly failed there, didnt ya?!" Audrey yelled back.

Fikis pov: I watched kylee looking away as they were yelling at eachother. I noticed salams eyes turn a bright red, hearing her yell "IM GONNA KILL YOU", i wrapped my arms around her waist and held her against me, as she was trying to get out my grasp. I pushed her up against the mattress, and what i thought gently squeezed her waist. "Calm down." I said to her in a very assertive tone. Salam grunted, picking up a pillow and threw it at my face. I moved the pillow back down and noticed salams eye look heavy and she shut them, i let go of her, noticing she passed out. "Whyd she pass out??" I questioned, Before audrey explained "you squished her, she probably couldn't breathe well enough." I slowly picked salam up and put her on my back, her head resting on mine.

"Should we go?" Kylee asked, I nodded. "Probably, let me see if i have jackets or anything for you." I said, looking around and seeing one beanie and two jackets, i sighed, putting salam down and taking my jacket off and putting it on her. I tossed the other two jackets to kylee and audrey, and i grabbed the beanie and placed it on salams head. I took my beanie off and tossed it to audrey, audrey looked at me weird. "Arent you gonna need something? I mean your skin looks normal at the moment and stuff, but you can tell your not normal. Like..your shirt is sticking out from the back." Audrey said. I scoffed. "I'll be fine. We should probably head toward my old neighborhood..and try to avoid salams mother, if she even is alive.." i said, picking salam up and holding her in a bridal way. "Whats at your old neighborhood?" Audrey asked. I looked over. "Uhh..nothing. Which is a good thing. No one goes there anymore." I said, starting to walk with salam in my arms, her breathing slow. She seemed very calm and relaxed. Kylee ran ahead of me, looking around at the trees and flowers in the grass, i noticed audrey started speaking. "I wonder if Kylees okay, mentally. Shes been through- so much, and shes only 12. But manages to have a smile on her face somehow." Audrey said, i scoffed. "Hear you on that one. But what with happened to everyone at that place, i think its safe to say everyone's mentality is probably messed up." I replied, looking at salam, who was completely out asleep. "You dont look so great either, you know. I looked at the drawings you had in that little corner you have. Tell me, how long have you lived there." Audrey said, her tone demanding. "I dunno..a few years???" I said, not wanting to count. "Your 20, right? So that would mean youve been alone half your life. I think youd be worse than anyone in that lab. Atleast we got to talk to people." Audrey said. I shrugged it off, i looked at salam, remembering Audrey had said something about a file. "Hey, about that file you said salam looked at, whats the story with that? I told you something, now you tell me." I said, looking at kylee pick flowers as we walked. "Welll- hmm, how do i word it. Around 5 or 6 years ago, me and the older subjects sent salam to look for your file, because at the time we were all curious about you. Salam got in there and read through your file, documents, and stuff that probably shouldn't be said, but it was all linked to you in a way, and one of the guards caught salam when she was trying to take a file with her. They uhh, tied her up, dragged her in the cafeteria, infront of every subject, and she got tortued, it was bad. They tied a rope around her neck and choked her, she got electrocuted, stabbed, beaten, kicked, punched, just a bunch of brutal stuff, and that was our warning what would happen if we got caught snooping in places. They left salam tied up in the cafeteria, 02 was the first to run and help her. Salam didnt speak for weeks, and when she did, it was small mumbles that none of us could understand." Audrey said, i wanted to cover my mouth, but i was holding salam. I looked at her, feeling bad. "Did she ever tell you what she found?" I asked audrey, audrey paused. "Well...yeah, its how we learned you were Liane's daughter. Salam had mentioned shed looked at other files, but never told us about them, but for the most part we learned you were out in the world, so our plan was to escape and try to find you. But 02 uh..left before we could do that, so it was a bunch of plotting for nothing." Audrey said, looking to the side. I looked off, feeling bad about what had happened to salam.