We've Got A New Kid

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

Two weeks later

"Ayden!" Luke called. Ayden turned teleporting in front of him as he jumped a little. He put a hand to his chest.

"You gotta get used to that," She patted his arm. "What's up?" She looked around seeing that Clarisse wasn't in the cabin.

"We've got a new kid," Luke smirked. "Percy Jackson. Come on." He waved her forward as he rushed out of the cabin. She followed him seeing Chiron with a curly-haired kid. When the light hit his hair it turned golden, but Ayden knew it was probably dirty blonde. They walked toward Hermes Cabin. "Walk faster."

"I could be there by now," Ayden scoffed. "I'm walking for you." Luke laughed as they walked into the cabin. Percy was looking down at the pallet. 

"It's more comfortable than it looks, I promise." Percy turned staring at her. He looked at her clothes and then at his own. They all wore the camp t-shirt. It was like a little uniform.

"You better get going, I can take it from here," Luke added. He threw his hand over his shoulder toward the door. Ayden turned seeing Ki standing there annoyed.

"Shit," Ayden breathed. She looked back at Percy. "My name is Ayd-."

"Let's go, Rivera!" Ki yelled. She turned teleporting outside the cabin behind him, but he was already walking down the trail. Ki knew she would follow him. They had training to do.

"I know you're impatient, but you couldn't have at least let me introduce myself to him," Ayden muttered. Ki shrugged his shoulder.

"Not my problem. You will have time for that after training." Ayden threw her hands in the air.

"To be fair, Luke is the one who made me late, he wanted to show me the new kid," Ayden pointed out, but that didn't change Ki's mind.

"Yeah, well if you are late, then that makes me late, and if Annabeth sees," He whistled slightly as he shook his head. 

"Yeah, 'cause you don't want to do anything to upset you're dear sweet Annie?" Ayden mocked as he shoved her into a tree near the path. She smiled and teleported around it.

"Anyway," He glared at her. "Did you hear what he did?"

"Did what?"

"You know how you killed a Fury, well he killed a minotaur," Ki added. Ayden stared at him as she raised her hands trying to resemble a giant creature.

"Like one of the big—."

"Yeah." Ki wiggled his eyebrows.

"Damn, really. That kid," Ayden smirked. She thought he seemed sweet. She also knew how it felt to be the new demigod, everyone was out for blood. She wanted to make sure he knew had someone to talk to that was in a similar situation.