I Refuse

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

It had been three days. 

Ayden didn't know that. She had been using all of her strength and concentration to tell herself to breathe. The feeling of claustrophobia was starting to set in. She tried to take each moment slowly. She didn't want to know how long she'd been there. She just wanted to survive. She didn't want to die by being crushed between the earth and the sky. 

She wanted to go back to the cabin with the primes, she wanted to go home to Camp Half-Blood, and more than anything she just wanted to go home to Percy. It was selfish and she knew that. She had to worry about many other things, but somehow when she needed a little sliver of hope her mind was going to Percy. 

"You're alive," Ki chuckled. Ayden adjusted her stance forcing her down to a knee once more. "Oh sorry, didn't mean to startle you." 

"Give Ki his body back."

"This is Ki." He leaned forward giving her a cheeky grin. "How have you not realized that yet? I've given you three days to think." Ayden groaned as she looked up at him.

"No," She grimaced. "You're not."

"Ayden, I know this is hard to believe, but it's true. Kronos is still sleeping in the sarcophagus, this is me Malaki." Ki put a hand to his chest. "Just like that is Cameron and Luke." He gestured over his shoulder.

"No," Ayden shook her head. "I refuse to believe that. Where is Annabeth?"

"This isn't the way to go about this, you said that, I said that, and even Cameron said that."

"At some point, yeah, but it's not the same anymore. Things have changed, things have to change," Ki took a few steps closer. "How heavy is the sky?"

"I don't know, you come here and tell me?" Ayden asked as Ki laughed at her. She tried not to let the situation get ot her head. She was barely holding herself up. If she lost focus she would drop it.

"I bet it's really heavy," Ki knelt down a few feet in front of her. "So heavy it feels like it's breaking your spine, that your bones are melting, maybe your vision blurs here and there. You can't focus on anything else but the weight."

"Ki, we don't have to do this," Ayden's voice wavered as she struggled to take a deep breath.

"I do," He nodded. "I need you with me."

"Why?"

"I need you to see that the gods don't care for you," Ki pushed himself up. "They've tried to kill you on more than one occasion."