Brat

Book 4 - The Battle of the Labyrinth

The ground rumbled as yells came from the woods. A few monsters and half-bloods paused their attacks. Ayden came in a murderous wave as the monsters dropped instantly. Screaming went out everywhere as she paused. The black smoke rolled like waves as the monsters ran from it.

"There she is!" Clarisse yelled as she raised her sword in the air. Ayden gave her a small smirk as she sliced down her arm cutting Achlys's mark as she demolished half the monsters on the fields as they started to retreat.

"That's your girl," Berkendorf wiped the blood from his mouth as he moved past Percy.

"She's her own person!" Percy yelled after him. Annabeth gave him a knowing smirk. "Don't even." He pointed his sword at her head. She rolled her eyes as they returned to fighting off the ones that were struggling to flee.

There was a roar above them as a dragon flew over. It landed and sprayed fire out at monsters, trampling several who tried to flee. Ayden was making her way across the battlefield leaving paths in her way. She had forced them back toward the labyrinth.

"Who is that?" Tyson asked as Ayden passed him. She patted his shoulder.

"Reinforcements." A dark-haired girl slid off the back of the dragon and another girl with light hair appeared as well. "How did you know what was happening?" Ayden passed Blair one of her swords.

"We wanted to visit." The girls smiled. "Esme had a feeling." Esmeray slid off Nimbus as the dragon chomped on a dracanae.

"Well, my mother is trying to kill you." Esmeray ran her hand over the dragon's scales. "So a little rebellion."

"Yeah, I figured when she sent a dragon after me." Ayden looked down at her arms. Her skin was covered in blood. "Aren't some of these technically you're relatives?" Ayden laughed as they looked around. She opened her plan as the grimoire appeared.