Where's Luke?

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

Ayden slapped Ares once more before she teleported a foot away from him

Ayden slapped Ares once more before she teleported a foot away from him. Her chest rose and fell. She didn't have a weapon, but she would fight him here and now for what he'd done. The betrayal that he was willing to put her in the middle of. He was working for Krono

"You framed Percy," Ayden shook her head.

"You better go back to your little friends, brute. You're lucky I don't harm women."

"Wouldn't put it past you," Ayden clenched her fists. The urge to throw herself at him and punch until her arms were weak was a very strong temptation.

"Single Combat!" Percy yelled from behind both of them. Ares laughed and stepped around Ayden like she was nothing. "One on one! If I draw first blood, you return the helm and leave."

"You're funeral," Ares laughed. "But to be clear there will be no funeral, can't have that."

"Percy," Ayden moved around Ares as she faced Percy his sword was straight out and pointed at the god of war.

"Are you sure? I can handle him," She urged. Percy nodded. His eyes moved to her for a second.

"I'm not letting you fight your father." Ayden's hand went to her necklace as she thought for a moment.

"I don't need to tell you his weaknesses you'll see them." She moved her hands around the back of her neck unclasping her necklace. "This isn't much help, but it is something."

"Thank you," Percy watched her carefully as she pressed the letter to his chest.

"Hurry up! I'm getting bored!" Ares yelled. Ayden stepped back by Annabeth and Grover as they moved to the side to avoid the fight.

"Kronos go to you, didn't he? He got into your dreams?"

"I'm a god! I don't dream!" Both of them readied themselves as they lunged for one another.

"Surprised you didn't hit him again," Grover muttered. "Or that you wanted to fight him."

"I doubt he would fight me," Ayden watched as Percy was thrown to the side. Ares swung his sword down but was blocked. Percy was able to push himself up as both of them moved around in the sand. His sword was hit from his hand as Ares kicked Percy back. Ayden stepped forward, but Annabeth grabbed her arm.

"Don't," She warned. "It's one on one."

"He's got this," Ayden breathed. She knew he would be fine, but she still didn't like that she had to stand by and watch. Percy was saying something to him as he pushed himself from the puddles in the sand. Ayden had a smile on her face as she saw the sea behind him react. It rose and rose until it was a giant wave. Ares stumbled back as it crashed down on top of him washing him back a few feet.