This Isn't Good

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

"There is a secret passage to the underworld at Crusty's Waterbeds," Percy explained as they walked through the streets

"Procrustes," Annabeth corrected. "We all know his story," Ayden stared at her. She knew some things about mythology, but she knew the others forgot that she didn't get the same kind of elementary school learning as they did. "The killer of travelers."

"Didn't he cut off their limbs and stuff?"

"Yes," Annabeth nodded. Grover gave Ayden an unsure look.

"Look maybe he will like me better as a fellow child of Poseidon," Percy offered. Ayden crossed her arms.

"Eh I'm not sure, but we can try, I'll go in with you since he can't trap me unless he touches me," Ayden offered. Grover took a step back shaking his head.

"I'll stay out here if you don't mind. I like my limbs and being stretched to death isn't on my bucket list."

"I'll go in with you," Annabeth pulled out her NY cap. Percy and Ayden walked in first as Annabeth snuck in.

"Welcome young travelers!" Procrustes smiled. "Please come in, come in."

"Procrustes?" Percy asked.

"Crusty, please," The salesman waved his hand. Ayden looked at his appearance seeing that he resembled his name. Crusty.

"We know there is a secret passage to the underworld hidden here," Ayden cut off the sales pitch. She looked around at the beds. She realized that's how he must have trapped people before he cut off their limbs or heads. She grimaced.

"Please, please, just relax take a load off," He moved toward one of the beds to push on it. The motion sent ripples into the waterbed.

"Are you going to help us?" 

"Please, just take a moment," Crusty gestured around the room. Percy turned to look at Ayden before looking at the water bed. "I'm sure you will feel much more relaxed after testing one out?"

"You first," Percy spoke. Ayden shoved the salesman onto the bed. In an instant, the cover sheet wrapped around him trapping him on the bed.

"Mmm," She tilted her head to the side.

"You'll never survive the trip! You'll die!" Crusty muttered. Annabeth took off her cap revealing herself.

"Good job," She nodded at the pair. Grover opened the front door to peek in.