Addy

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

Quintus had set up a training exercise for everyone at camp. He had gotten several monsters and attacked boxes to their backs. You defeat the monster, you live. Ayden didn't know whether to be excited or scared, but she's been through worse. It was like everything else she's faced in the last three years. He'd already picked the team and sent them out. Ayden was with Annabeth. Percy was with Berkendorf. Tyson was with Clarisse. She didn't like that option, but she didn't have a say in it. They had spread out in search of the monsters in the woods.

"How do you think Tyson will do with Clarisse?"

"He'll probably get yelled at a lot until he starts crying," Ayden moved out into an open area as she looked around. There was no movement in the woods. "Well she's changed a bit, so maybe they'll actually work together."

"Wait," Annabeth stopped as she looked around. "There is no noise."

"No movement."

"There should be some kind of noise, there are other people out here hunting them." Annabeth stared at Ayden both of them alert. There was a clicking noise coming from behind them. When they both turned a giant scorpion was sitting atop a large rock. Its stinger swung back and forth as its mouth clicked together.

"Why is it always behind," Ayden whispered as she teleported behind it. She swung at one of its legs cutting into it but was thrown back when the tail hit her. She teleported back to Annabeth seeing something else come from the other side.

"You're right!" She yelled looking past Ayden.

"Actually it's your left!" The pair were back to back as two more scorpions appeared.

"Why are they converging on us, right here? There are plenty of other areas in the woods," Annabeth muttered as she cut at one of the stingers.

"We are just truly that lucky," Ayden teleported away from her for a second.

"Ayden!" She teleported right back to her side. "Don't do that. You leave, I'm vulnerable on all sides."

"Sorry, sorry, what's the plan then, cause right now we are outnumbered and if you won't let me teleport I'm gonna have to start cutting." Ayden slashed her sword through the air.