God Killer

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

29 hours Missing...

"Hellooooo." A sharp pain went through Ayden's face as Eris slapped her. She took a deep breath and looked to the side. Her arms were out to each side, her sleeves ripped off exposing her markings. She looked up to see Eris.

"Oh, it's you." Ayden felt the cold metal on her wrists. She didn't even have to look to know it was celestial bronze.

"You've been avoiding my gifts," Hecate came forward. They were in a house. To Ayden, it looked almost like the mafia houses with the grand stairwell. They were in a wide room, with a few paintings on the walls and a fireplace.

"Nice crib you got here," Ayden mumbled.

"Ayden, where are the others?" Eris asked.

"Why do you care?" She felt the sharp sting as she was slapped again. The contact made her ears ring. "I thought you gods weren't supposed to be involved with this. You had rules or something."

"Why do you have to be so complicated." they both stood in front of her.

"You really chose your sides didn't you?"

"We all had to," Eris stepped forward. "You should be happy Ayden, I chose the side of my son."

"You know," Ayden leaned forward making the chains swing. "I never understood why you didn't have a lot of children. I've only met Ki. He's your only child and you let him end up like this."

"It was his destiny," Eris shrugged. "And we know I love a bit of discord."

"I'll have to kill him, you know that right?" Eris stepped back. Hecate appeared next to her with a book.

"What is the purpose of this? Why am I here?"

"Where are the other conduits? We know you've found them, we lost you for a few weeks." Hecate flipped through the pages.

"Where did you go Ayden? To the primes. Were you hiding with the other conduits," Eris pulled something from her picket.

A bronze knife.

"I want to test something can I test it?" Eris asked out loud. Ayden didn't know who she was asking for permission. Hecate looked up from her book to see what was happening.

"Don't cut her markings." That was it as she continued to search through the books. Eris stepped forward and cut down the side of Ayden's shirt.

"You are covered in scars," She stared at her stomach. "I wonder if you get marking from just being carved into it."

"If it works I will be able to kill you both," Ayden leaned back as she put the knife between them. She was used to pain, but that didn't mean she craved it. "Are you scared of the conduits?"