Is This A Date?

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

"Hey Connor have you seen Ayden?"

"Your girlfriend is by the water," He smirked. "Actually my brother is probably there with her. The two seem quick close." Percy stared at him confused.

"Ayden is with your brother?" Percy said once again. "Like hanging out?" Connor shrugged as he left Percy standing there alone. He rolled his eyes and started walking toward the water. He saw Annabeth coming back up wrapped in a towel. Her hair was wet and she couldn't stop laughing to herself.

"You better get down there, I think she's gonna kill him." Annabeth laughed as she scrunched up the ends of her hair. Percy contained his laughter as he picked up the pace. He jogged down the path hearing yells from both Ayden and Travis.

"Come on, please, it would be fun!" He saw Ayden in the water, up to her neck as she glared at the water's edge. "I mean Percy is great and all, but I mean. Ayden—." Percy stood just behind him.

"I think you should leave." Travis jumped. He turned seeing Percy behind him.

"Oh hey Percy, I was just talking to Ayden about you." He scratched the back of his neck. Ayden was floating on her back now, she didn't care as long as Percy was here now.

"You should leave," Percy patted his shoulder. Travis nodded and ran toward the path back to camp. when he looked back Ayden wasn't floating didn't he surface anymore? She'd sunk to the bottom letting the sounds echo.

Percy was drawn to the water, mostly because Ayden was there, but he walked toward her until he took her hand under the water. She reemerged and brushed her hair back. She gave him a smile.

"He was annoying me."

"He's probably never seen you swim during the day. What was he talking about?"

"How I would have more fun with him and his brother," She grimaced. "Who says stuff like that?" Ayden ran her hand over the water once more as Percy smiled at her. "Anyway, I thought you were training? What brought you down here."

"You," He watched her smile and she spun in a circle. There were so many scars on her arms from drawing on the markings. It made a knot form in Percy's stomach. "I was in training, but I decided to take a break."

"To come find me?" Ayden narrowed her eyes at him as he moved his hands. His magic pulled Ayden closer to him until he could touch her arm.

"You deserve a break. I need a break." He added. Ayden slid her hands around his shoulders resting them at the back of her neck. "So I went looking for you and ran into Connor missing his other half."