Happy Birthday

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

Ayden had been back for three days

Ayden had been back for three days. Percy had already left to go back home with his parents. Annabeth was gone. Clarisse, Berkendorf, and Grover had been working on plans of attack. Nico was nowhere to be found, everyone told her he'd left right after she did, but they didn't know where.

"Hey Ayden," Silena sat next to her at mealtime. "Isn't it Percy's birthday?"

"Yeah, I'm going to stop by after I finish this," She poked at the small muffin on her tray.

"Do you know what you're going to get him?"

"Me," Ayden joked.

"Well I had Charles put soemthing together for you both," She held two little objects. "They are perfect cause," She set one on the table and reached for Ayden's beaded necklace. "They can clasp right onto this one."

"What do they do?" Ayden watched her as she clasped it on. She didn't feel any different as Silena leaned back.

"They are like little heart monitors," She held up her necklace showing a similar charm. "Charles and I have ones. I thought it would be cute if you and Percy had ones too."

"What do you mean by heart monitors?" Ayden picked up the necklace staring at the small heart locket. "How does that work?"

"I had some campers from Hecate spell them. Ayden immediately took off the beaded necklace. "Relax," Silena laughed. "I didn't tell them who to cast them for. They think it's for Charles and I." She smiled and pushed the necklace back toward her.

"Put it back on, I can show you if you want. It's just a charm that will occasionally let you feel the other's heartbeat. It's a small comfort," Silena touched her own charm as she stared at the table.

"This is very sweet," ayden picked up the second charm and held it in her palm. "You really saved my life with this." Silena nodded.

"It's the least I can do," She smiled. "I'll see you again soon yeah? You're just going to Percy's?"

"Yeah, I'll be back after that. There's a lot I have to talk about." Ayden took a bite of her muffin. She slid the charm into her pocket. There was a murmur next to her and she saw that Ares cabin looking toward her.

"They're looking behind you," Silena pointed as she stood up. "You've got your hands full." She patted her shoulder and left. Ayde slowly turned to see her father.

"Are they dead?" He asked. Ayden laughed a little and ate another bite of her muffin. "Ayden, this is serious?"

"What do you think?"

"You can't keep doing this," Ares stood next to her. It was infuriating to him how she just continued to eat her muffin.

"Doing what?"