Grover's In Trouble

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

Ayden couldn't sleep at night and she wasn't the only one. While her dreams were haunted by Ki and Cameron. Clarisse's were being haunted by something else. She could hear her murmur and cry out at different times at night. If anyone else in the cabin heard they ignored it.

She teleported from the loft to the porch just outside their cabin. She didn't want to wake the others, they had been working hard recently preparing for an upcoming war. The whole camp had changed.

She had sat out there for a few minutes before she heard movement behind her. She saw Clarisse's messy bedhead sit down beside her.

"So what's your problem?" She rubbed her eyes.

"I killed my best friend, what about you?" Ayden looked up at the canopy. She could barely see the moon through the clouds. Every other torch was lit around camp since people were supposed to stay in their cabins.

"Do you know about the quest Chiron sent me when you all left? Oh, by the way, where did you go?" She asked. Ayden tried not to laugh at how fluffy her hair was.

"I trained with the primordial and probably sealed my death in the near future," Ayden exposed her arms to Clarisse. She pursed her lips and nodded.

"They look sick," She complimented. "I was forced to look for a The Labyrinth entrance." She tugged her knees to her chest. "If you don't know what that is it's an ancient tunnel under this world, that interchanges and hides Daedalus. He's one of Athena's children and he was a brilliant crafter. He made the labyrinth so no one could find their way through but him. It was so he could hide from King Minos. I found an entrance and tried to destroy it with a wrecking ball, but it just shifted to somewhere nearby. It doesn't just disappear."

"You really did your research about this," Ayden acknowledged. Clarisse looked over at her, a horrified look on her face.

"I wanted to know what I was walking into, but I-." She took a deep breath. "I didn't know I would find anything like that down there."

"Would you mind?"

"Do you remember Chris? Rodriguez?" She tucked her hair behind her ears. Most of the time she has it in a ponytail, either it be low or high, it was always back. "He was-."

"One of Luke's friends and his right-hand man on the Princess Andromeda when we went to the Sea of Monsters. Why is he relevant?" Ayden furrowed her brows. Clarisse stared forward like she was reliving something.