First Greek Party

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

"You're going to get in trouble," Ayden muttered to Thalassa

"You're going to get in trouble," Ayden muttered to Thalassa. The prime threw her arm around Ayden's shoulder.

"I'm known for it," She waved her hand in the air. "Besides it's a party."

"Yeah, and you're gonna be the pinada," Thalia chuckled. A crown had formed on her head, silver like the one Zoe had. She was a lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis. Thalassa gave her a look and then turned to Ayden.

"Did you just hear what that little shit said to me?" She asked. Ayden smiled and shook her head. "Fine, fine, I will leave. I would hate to embarrass you in front of-" She looked over at Percy. He was busy talking to Grover. Ayden just rolled her eyes at her. "Okay, I'm sorry. I'm done. But I get a hug first." She yanked Ayden forward into a tight hug. Ayden relaxed for a moment and felt her eyes burn. "It wasn't your fault kiddo."

"It's always my fault." Ayden breathed. She leaned back and gave her a sad smile trying to cover up the fact that the last few days were going to eat her alive from the inside out quietly until she was a walking corpse. "Be safe."

"Have fun," Thalassa kissed her temple. "Your first greek party." She walked forward as a portal of water spawned and she disappeared.

"That's amazing," Grover muttered. He looked around seeing the gods move through other doors.

"Do we-?" Annabeth pointed. She moved a foot and then waited for the others to join her.

"Come this way," Apollo smirked as he helped the doors open for the demigods as they were moved into a larger room. There were lots of people in there. It wasn't just the gods and goddesses.

"Have these people just been in this room the whole time?" Ayden asked as a few passed in their chitons.

"Pretty much," Apollo nodded. "Now enjoy and try not to get yourselves killed." He winked and disappeared into the crowd.

"That's amazing advice," Percy muttered.

Ayden, Thalia, and Percy all stayed near the back wall. Grover had found his way back to Demeter to gush about nature with her. Annabeth had been pulled aside by her mother to discuss her triumphs from the journey. Thalia had been plucked away by her father, then Percy too. Poseidon barely gave her a glance as he took Percy from her side. Ayden was left standing alone until Demeter came forward.

"You killed my daughter." Ayden didn't respond, she just stared at the goddess. "Are you not going to defend yourself?"

"Why would I?" Ayden muttered. "I can't change what happened. I can't change the decisions I made."