Eris Cursed Her

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

Ayden teleported back down to the entrance to the Empire State Building

Ayden teleported back down to the entrance to the Empire State Building. Percy was the only one left. He moved toward her holding her close.

"You wouldn't mind giving me a lift to the rivers would you?" He whispered. Ayden leaned back and smiled at him.

"We're already here." She explained. He looked around and realized she'd teleported them there already. He grimaced when he saw the state of the water.

"I'll be right back," He kissed her forehead and waded into the water until she couldn't see him. Ayden paced back and forth as she looked around. There was smoke rising in the distance. She didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but she wished he would hurry. "Well, that's finished." He walked out of the rivers. They looked cleaner somehow.

"What did you give them?" Ayden asked as she reached for his arm.

"A sand dollar helps with the pollution," He smirked. "Where to now?" Ayden pointed toward the smoke with her other hand. She teleported them to Apollo's bridge. They were holding it off well for now.

"Percy," She pointed in the distance seeing the minotaur.

"Looks like I'll be seeing an old friend," He pulled Riptide from his pocket uncapping the pen. There was an explosion from the other side of the city that shook the ground.

"Ayden!" Charlotte yelled. She used her fire to burn the monsters to ash, or she would hold them with the darkness as the Apollo children shot the celestial bronze arrows at them. "Ayden, where is my brother?"

"I don't know," Charlotte had burn marks on her face as she gripped her hand. "Why?"

"Something is wrong, I have to go to him." A tear slid down her cheek. She was hyperventilating.

"I'll do it, you stay here." Ayden looked at Percy. "I'm trusting you, Jackson." He smiled and moved closer kissing her.

"And I won't break that trust." He told her. "Go we'll hold this bridge." She hesitated as Charlotte held onto her hand. "Ayden, go." He charged into the fight. She touched the charm and realized his heart wasn't even racing, he was calm.

"I'll go see what's happening?" Ayden told her.

"Please make sure he's alive, please bring him back." Charlotte wiped her cheeks. "Please Ayden, I can't lose him."

"I'll go see." She patted her shoulder. "Keep your head level. You can do this. Defend the bridge." Charlotte closed her eyes for a moment taking a deep breath. When she opened them all emotion was gone from her face. Her hands burned as she turned letting out a black flame that incinerated each of the monsters on the front lines. Percy went straight toward the minotaurs so he was out of harm's way. Ayden turned teleporting toward Athena's cabin, but he wasn't there.