Hello Again

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

Ayden woke up from yet another nightmare

Ayden woke up from yet another nightmare. Chaos and Aion were just down the hall getting ready to ask if she was alright. Ayden had many nightmares over her time with them, but this was one different. She got up and dressed herself quickly. Her friends needed her help and she couldn't explain it.

"What are you doing?" Chaos flipped the light switch in her room.

"My friends are in danger," She jumped up and down tugging on her shoe.

"And you know where they are?" Aion asked.

"Theoretically?" She grabbed the daggers that Aion had gifted her for Christmas.

"Wonderful," Chaos nodded. "So if this a goodbye then?"

"Yeah," Ayden grabbed a hair tie throwing her hair into a low ponytail. She moved forward without thinking and hugged them. "Tell Thalassa bye for me."

"Will you be back?" 

"I'm not sure," Ayden admitted. "I will try."

"Don't rush it, we will always be there when you need us," Chaos smiled. "You haven't had good adults in your life in the past, but we will do our best."

"I know," Ayden smiled. "I do have to go though, so goodbye for now." She stepped back and teleported. She put her foot down on the snow-covered grass. She looked around and saw a giant manticore above two dark-haired kids.

"You don't look nice," Ayden moved her hand as the two teenagers teleported behind her.

"What was that?" The little boy asked. She recognized them for a moment, but she didn't know from where. She'd definitely seen their faces before.

"Who are you?" The girl asked.

"Ayden!" Percy yelled. She took her eyes off the pair seeing her friends run toward her. Annabeth, Thalia, and Grover were coming to help.

"Hey, guys," She smirked and teleported closer to the manticore. She pulled her daggers from her sides.

"You," The monster muttered as its attention moved to Ayden.

"Me." Ayden teleported around him quickly swiping at his limps. He let loose several spikes, but they hit the ground from where she was. A loud roar ripped through the air as the manticore fell to his knees. One of the final spikes hit her in the arm. "Ah!" She pulled it out and teleported back near the others. Annabeth grabbed her arm wrapping something around it to keep pressure on the injury.

"I knew I would like you," Thalia added.

"I've always wanted to fight with you," Ayden admitted as the girl swirled her spear getting ready to launch another attack at the manticore.