Mr. Di Angelo

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

"We have to find her."

"And we will Percy, but slow down," Annabeth snapped. "If we all get lost then we won't be able to find her."

"Why don't we follow noise," Grover offered. They each paused and heard the sounds of fighting. "I mean I'm not a genius, but who would be fighting down here."

"Mother-!"

"That's her," Annabeth smirked. They moved around the corner seeing Ayden slash through a dracanae. She turned around with a huff as she pushed her hair out of the way.

"Ayden!" Tyson threw his hands in the air.

"You aren't supposed to be here," She pointed her dagger at them. "Oh sorry." She strapped it to her hip as she stood up straight dusting off her sleeves. "You weren't supposed to be down here."

"You really think I would just let you come down here alone," Percy moved toward her.

"Well no," She smirked as he pulled her into a tight hug. He leaned back and tilted her face side to side.

"Are you okay? Who've you run into?" He turned her and saw a part of her shirt was scorched. "Burned, are you burned?"

"By a dragon." Ayden looked down at her sleeve.

"In the labyrinth?" Annabeth asked. "Not a dracanae right?"

"I regret coming down here." Grover looked around warily.

"I'm like 90 percent sure Hecate is trying to kill me." Ayden offered. "So you really shouldn't have come down here."

"Well we're on a quest," Annabeth sighed.

"I want a hug too," Tyson moved around the others as he picked her up.

"Careful, big guy," Percy warned. Tyson laughed as he squeezed Ayden tightly.

"Glad, you're okay." Tyson patted her shoulders. Percy moved forward pulling Ayden close to him once more.

"I'm fine," She told him. "Seriously." Percy gave her a tight smile but kept his hand on her arm.

"I'm glad you know that, but I'm going to decide for myself."

"Alright, we should keep heading down this way," Annabeth shined her light.