The Fate of Olympus

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

Percy had made it back from the island. He'd recovered there with Calypso after he'd exploded the volcanoes where Hephaestus's workshop was. He'd run into Kronos and his helpers. Annabeth had made it back to the camp a week ago alone. Grover and Tyson were in the tunnels looking for Pan. The entire group had split up on the quest. When Percy arrived to see them having his funeral, he expected to see one person amongst them.

Ayden.

She wasn't there. After Annabeth hugged him, and Clarrise smacked him. They told him that Ayden, Tyson, and Grover hadn't reappeared from the maze. He wanted to go back down immediately but was advised against it by Chiron and Annabeth. The entire camp had gone into war mode preparing for the worst. It was the following day when they had to go find Rachel Dare. The mortal that could see through the mist. She was going to be their only way to navigate the maze unharmed. Percy didn't like waiting this long, but he had no choice. He trusted that Ayden would be able to stay alive until they found each other again. The entire time on the island with Calypso he couldn't stop thinking about how he'd kissed her.

"Does Ayden know about this girl?" Annabeth asked. They were searching the streets for the girl. "It's odd that you know exactly where she would be?"

"Annabeth," Percy turned around to look at her. "I don't like Rachel like that, I need her to find my way back to Ayden, are you going to help me or are you just going to keep talking about how odd it is that I have friends that happen to be girls." Annabeth kept her mouth shut as they started walking again.

"All I'm saying is that it's a little odd, I just want to make sure, my close friend knows that her," Annaveth paused. "That you are close friends with a mortal. So close you know where she hangs out." Percy turned around looking at her annoyingly.