For Old Times Sake

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

Over the next few weeks, it was crazy

Over the next few weeks, it was crazy. Ayden couldn't go back to the cabin to talk with the other conduits because she was afraid the gods would find out and get to them before time. She'd lied to their faces about not finding them over the past couple of months. She didn't want to involve them in any of the drama with the Olympians.

Charles had come up with a plan to blow up the Princess Andromeda. He wanted to have Percy go with him. Ayden offered herself, but he'd denied her. The other cabin leaders had denied her as well. She and Clarisse shared the title of cabin leader. Since they both had differing opinions.

Dionysus was called away to fight the giant titan that was escaping from the mountains. Typhon. He was the one person who had loosened his holdings when he blew up one of Hepahaestus's workshops so that Kronos couldn't make his weapons.

Ayden was told by Annabeth more information on the titan. He was the husband of Echidna. She'd met her years ago on the other quest. Ayden had fought the woman and scared her into retreating. No one else knew that other than Ayden.

"Wait so who are we grabbing?" Annabeth asked. Ayden put her finger to her lips as they teleported just outside of the cabin. There was a large explosion just behind the cabin. "What is that?"

"This is where the primordials stay," Ayden grabbed her arm bringing her forward. She saw the tail of Nimbus as it moved to the side moving dirt with it.

"Ayden?"

"Nim?" Ayden scratched the dragon's scales. It turned around and blew smoke a her face. She smiled and waved her hand clearing the smoke.

"Aydens here!" Blair cheered. She was sitting on the porch with Chaos. Aion, Knox, Esme, Dean, and Charlotte were out in the woods lighting things on fire.

"She brought someone," Chaos stood up. "Annabeth Chase. Daughter of Athena." Annabeth tilted her head to the primordial.

"It's an honour to meet you." She told her.

"You don't have to be so formal," Ayden patted her arm. Blair moved to give Annabeth a quick hug too. She was a big hugger. The others moved from the forest back toward the house.

"Who blew something up?" Ayden asked as the others came forward. Knox hugged her first, then Dean, then Esme. Charlotte just stared at Annabeth.

"That's Lottie," Dean smiled. "She's got explosive blasts now."

"Did that just appear?" Ayden crossed her arms. Charlotte rolled up her sleeve showing the mark of Nyx. "Welcome to the club."

"Who's this?" Charlotte asked.

"Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena." Ayden introduced.

"Still not Percy," Blair hummed as she put her arm around Esme's shoulders.