She's Not Judgemental

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

It had been a week since Nico disappeared

It had been a week since Nico disappeared. Grover, Percy, and Annabeth had searched the woods for him, but no sign. He'd just disappeared. The group had lied to Chiron about his disappearance. They roped Ayden in telling her that he was a child of Hades, just like his sister was. Percy also had to tell her it was his fault Bianca was dead, but Ayden refused to let him take the blame.

They had been training with the other campers that were left. Their training had gotten more intense now that they knew a war was coming for them. Ki and Luke weren't gone. They would come back with Kronos. Ayden was having a restless sleep so she instead went out to the shore to swim. She thought maybe some exercise and air would clear her head. She didn't expect to find someone there already.

"You know you're not supposed to be out here at night." Ayden quickly stripped off her shirt and shorts leaving herself in her bathing suit as she walked into the water. It wasn't as cold as she was expecting.

"Oh no, I've been caught," Percy mocked as he floated on his back in the water. Ayden's face heated as the moonlight reflected off his bare chest. She turned around and tried to move out of the water. "Where are you going?" He grabbed her hand stopping her.

"We've been caught remember?" She turned around with a smirk.

"As long as it's not Chiron, we're good," He splashed her with some water. She scoffed and threw water back at him. He held his hand up making the splash miss him.

"That's not fair," She pointed at him. He just shrugged with a laugh as he dove underwater. She ran her hands over her hair dampening it. A shriek escaped her as she was lifted out of the water for a moment. Percy surfaced in front of her with his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Hi." He smiled. She laughed a little and pushed his wet hair from his face as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What brought you out here tonight?" She asked him. It was hard to see, but she could feel his eyes on her face. Her cheeks were on fire, it didn't matter how cool the water was, she felt like she was boiling under his touch. This is the most intimate either of them have been with one another and it was under the cover of darkness.

"I had a dream about Nico," He let out a sigh. Ayden rested her forehead against his. "You?"

"Cameron," She muttered. A thought occurred to her as she leaned back. "That means there are three children."

"Yeah, but that doesn't change anything," Percy shook his head. "I won't let Nico inherit the prophecy." Ayden gave him a soft smile as her fingers threaded through his hair.

"You're a good person," She told him.

"Thank you," He smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and shoved away from him as she let herself glide under the water. The moon was full tonight so it was easy for both of them to see with the reflection off the water. "You're a good person too." Ayden paused her swimming and turned to him.