Camp

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

When the group finally returned to the camp they realized that Artemis and her maidens had disappeared

When the group finally returned to the camp they realized that Artemis and her maidens had disappeared. Thalia with them since she was the next lieutenant. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Ayden had to go to the big house to tell Chiron what they had learned from their latest quest and debrief about her own.

"Ayden and I see you've finally returned," Chiron gave her a tight smile. "And tattooed?"

"Yeah, uh," She pulled her sleeves down. "I was training with them."

"What kind of training?" Chiron asked.

"Just some kinds of conjuring," Ayden didn't sit down as she looked around. "Mr. D still at Olympus?"

"Yes, why didn't you come back? We could have used you to go look for demigods." Chiron moved around his table looking out the stained glass window.

"I'm not entirely sure, they just seemed inviting and allowed me to stay." She scratched the back of her neck.

"They let you receive the marking and then you had to be trained didn't you?" He didn't even turn around to see her reaction.

"Yeah, that's exactly what happened?"

"Do you have any idea what those markings will do to you?" Chiron shook his head. Everyone seemed to be disappointed in her after she admitted to receiving the markings.

"Why are you summoning me?" Achlys walked in through the side door. She looked pissed off.

"I didn't," Ayden shook her head.

"Oh please, I can feel your sadness from the cabin, what's wrong with you? Why did you call me?" Ayden stood up and motioned for her to follow.

"We need to talk later!" Chiron yelled after her. Ayden was surprised to see the goddess follow her through camp. They got a few glances from other demigods, but most just went back to minding their own business. Ayden faced her when they got to the rocky shore.

"What did you do to me?" Ayden asked. She rolled up her sleeves exposing the brandings.

"What do you mean? We gave you access to our powers, it's what you wanted. Power." Achlys crossed her arms.

"What will it do to me? The price?" Achlys slowly smirked.

"Did you figure it out or did someone tell you?"

"What is going to happen?" Ayden stepped closer to the goddess.

"We don't know for sure, but either it will happen to you or your friends so don't worry you could be in the clear." Achlys chuckled a little. Ayden glared at her. "Don't try and look threatening little one, you have no weapons."

"I don't need weapons anymore." She looked down at the markings.

"If you're going to be difficult, I'll grab one of the others since we don't really like each other," Achlys looked around like she was bored.