My Name is Thalassa

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

Ayden was conscious

Ayden was conscious. She didn't know how or why. She was underwater. She tried to move, but her foot was caught on something. She realized a piece of the ship had caught her. She was stuck at the bottom of the ocean. There was a vibration through the water and she turned to see something. It appeared and disappeared with each shimmer of light through the water. It was a woman. She came forward to help Ayden. When her foot was released she swam quickly for the surface as her lungs burned. Her body jolted as she almost took a breath. She broke the surface gasping. The woman appearing next to her, only, she wasn't transparent anymore.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Thalassa." The woman smiled, to Aydens he seemed like a normal person or demigod.

"Did Poesidon send you?" Ayden gasped.

"Poseidon!" Thalassa laughed. "Oh gods no." She shook her head. She started swimming past Ayden. She hadn't realized there was a boat next to them until she watched Thalassa rise to the side. The water obeyed her similar to Percy. "I am no slave of Poesidons. I'm Thalassa, the goddess of the sea. A prime. I am not a child of the Olympians."

"Sorry," Ayden coughed again. She looked around, but there wasn't anyone else around. "Did my friends make it out? Was there anyone else around?" Thalassa looked around. She had her hands on her hips. Her clothes were dry. Ayden realized Percy had a similar power. Her chest ached when she thought about Percy. When she thought about the others too, not just him. "Come aboard. I think some made it out, but I could hear you." She waved for Ayden to swim over.

"What do you mean? I didn't call out," Ayden grabbed the edge of the boat as Thalassa pulled her onto the small sailing boat. "Do you live on this?" She took a deep breath trying to fill her lungs completely.

"Right," Thalassa moved around the boat as she moved her hands around. The small boat pulled forward the sea moving it along. "Well let's just say you've got an old friend of mine looking for you."

"Who?" Ayden stood up. She grabbed the side railing so she didn't tumble back into the water.

"That's not important, where were you heading?" Thalassa asked. "You do realize this is the sea of monsters."

"I uh—did my friends make it out?" Ayden asked. She turned to look back at the water, but there wasn't anything else visible. The sea had consumed the entire ship.

"Sure a few did," Thalassa stared at Ayden. "Do you have a scar?" Ayden's hand went to the back of her arm.

"What does that have to do with anything?"